Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
Trialos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I wanted to make the Crom Faeyr blade, but I just realized that I won't be able to make it, because I can't get the gauntlets. Why? Because I did the other quest and killed valygar, so I cant get into planar sphere to get them. Anywhere else in the game that I can get these?

Or does anyone know how to clua them in? I don't like to cheat by adding items in, but I dont really feel like starting a new game at this time, I got too far already. Next time around, I will be nice to valygar =)

Thanks for any help.
Trialos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
wally p
The Magister

well, you can still get into the sphere if you killed valygar, but not if you handed over the body....
wally p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
Trialos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh yeah, the body i handed over long time ago too, didnt realize at the time i could use it to go in there.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

No. And why to cheat? Excepet the consequences of your actions. Crom Fayer isn`t that powerful IMHO. 25 STR is nothing special nowdays with all the buffs. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But if you want it so badly:
CLUA spoiler
~
~
~
CreateItem"HAMM09")
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Or.. you could CLUA in Valygar's body (I don't know the code) and do the Planar Sphere quest after all. And Crom Faeyr is a warhammer, not a bladed weapon
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Trialos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes Xen, I could just suffer the consequences of my actions and wait till next time around. Not sure if I want too though =)

oh, the clua code you gave me was for the hammer, I just wanted the code for the gaunts. So I had to reload after putting that code in.

Though I kind of like Links suggestion then I could do planar.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #7
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Valygar's body = MISC7L
Gauntlets of Ogre Power = BRAC06
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:21 PM   #8
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Go for Valygar's Body, you will get more XP in the sphere that way, also an ace story if you havent done it b4
Old 02-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
No. And why to cheat? Excepet the consequences of your actions. Crom Fayer isn`t that powerful IMHO. 25 STR is nothing special nowdays with all the buffs. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But if you want it so badly:
CLUA spoiler
~
~
~
CreateItem"HAMM09")
Actually, it is extremely overpowered. It can take out golems easily, and they're supposed to be a challenge usually. And it can even take out trolls, which just adds to the list. Kills ettins too, but you don't really run into those through out the game. 25 strength actually is something since you won't be getting encumbered anymore. Fill every single one of your inventory slots with a dead body (they're 75 pounds each) and you still won't be encumbered.
Now you've got 2d4 +3 damage with it. You can get 11 damage +14 extra damage from the strength modifier. That's 25. Then there's the electrical damage. How much damage does that do, 1d4 or something? I can't remember Anyway it's probably around 30 damage right there, then have a critical hit and it's 60. I had Anomen wield it for me once, and having him hit below 40 was pretty rare.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #10
Trialos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Guys, I think I will get valygars body and do the planar area - I havent done that before, so it should be fun.