Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Default You like bow or crossbow for your main character?

Assuming your main character is a fighter/ranger/paladin. I'm undecided between missile weapons (xbows) and bows. Any suggestions?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: You like bow or crossbow for your main character?

Btw, I noticed all other fighter npcs have bow proficiencies. So it may be a good idea to give x-bow (missile) prof for my fighter. Do you think it's a good idea? or you can do better with bows? (since you use your str modifier when using bow)
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

nobody?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

If I were doing a fighter PC, I wouldn't think to do ranged. If I'm playing a fighter, then damn it, I want to FIGHT. And I don't recall ever reading, "The heroic paladin boldly stood a safe distance from the dragon and took careful aim with his crossbow". Just my two cents.

Truth be told, it also never occurred to me to have characters use crossbows. Regular bows just seem more "fantasy" to me. And they're so broken in this game, so why not?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

yes, i'm focusing on melee weapons for my main character but i wanted him to have 1-2 slots in ranged too also you cant put more then 2 stars in beginning. 2large,2bow. sounds good! i will build large sword proficiency to 5.