Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 04:30 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

NeverWinter Night is an underrated game

face the truth. most ppl know D2 but AD&D. when you talk to them about it, they think you are crazy lil sophmore with no life. (sad sad...)
Old 08-20-2001, 07:12 AM   #22
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I have to say that I pretty much only play the games that I see on the shelves in computer game store... I never had the time or money to explore option by buying a game that I wasn't really sure I was going to like... but thats pretty much a risk you take when you buy a game.
I have bought games which have had great reviews, but which I have really dislikes... its really hard to know for sure!!

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 08-20-2001, 07:24 AM   #23
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
PC Gameplay toevallig ook?

-------------------------------------------
Yeah, het beste gameblad in de benelux.
Ik lees het al jaren, vooral mediteren aan het gamesfront en avonturen van een gamesjunkie vind ik fantastisch, wat een humor hebben die gasten.
Met name dat artikel over Adsl bij Belgatel, ik heb me ziek gelachen!
Daarvoor las ik de Power unlimited maar dat gaf me altijd het gevoel dat ze de games nauwelijks hadden gecheckt en nadat ik een nummer van de pcgameplay had gelezen ben ik over gestapt.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 08:26 AM   #24
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Azure Dreams. Most people looked at the game and saw the graphics and put it back down. Saga Frontier is way underatted. The games difficulty is obscene. Saga Frontier 2 is even worse with the difficulty.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:45 AM   #25
Sir_Tainly

Dark Forces was never given the credit it deserved probably as it didn't have a a mulitplayer option. It had a reasonable story line, good weapons, and before Duke Nukem gave the player the ability to look up at down, an advanced feature given that it appeared not so long after Doom2.

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 08-20-2001, 11:20 AM   #26
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It used to be horribly unstable on my computer, even though it was a good game, sometimes it would "lock", preventing me from exiting the game or completing any levels, damn annoying.
Old 08-20-2001, 11:35 AM   #27
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Yeah, het beste gameblad in de benelux.
Ik lees het al jaren, vooral mediteren aan het gamesfront en avonturen van een gamesjunkie vind ik fantastisch, wat een humor hebben die gasten.
Met name dat artikel over Adsl bij Belgatel, ik heb me ziek gelachen!
Daarvoor las ik de Power unlimited maar dat gaf me altijd het gevoel dat ze de games nauwelijks hadden gecheckt en nadat ik een nummer van de pcgameplay had gelezen ben ik over gestapt.

Power Unlimited wil te populair doen enzo
En ze zijn te gefocust op reputaties
Quake kreeg altijd een 10 terwijl een niet 3D shooter nog nooit een 10 heeft gehaald
PC Gameplay - De Belgen kunnen toch wel Iets goed doen

------------------

Old 08-20-2001, 05:25 PM   #28
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Ground Control didnt get the respect it deserved..it was a kick ass game!
And Rikard.. Age of Wonders is cool!
What else.. Heavy Gear 2..
Drakan: Order of the Flame, Jagged Alliance 2 (the entire series has had an incredibly troubled history with publishers..)
SWAT 3, since everyone loves Counterstrike too much to play an excellent game like that..
Maybe Septerra Core, which I really enjoyed but never got the attention it deserved.

------------------------------------------------------
The only problem with Aow was that it got to easy wen your char reached a sudden lvl. I just drove my party into the enemys capital and choped down their leader, mission complete.
septerra core was good on the playstation but sucked on the pc.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:24 PM   #29
Renaud

Hi. New here. Started playing Darkstone and Age of Wonders about a month ago when they bundled them with Tzar: Burden of the Crown in the Medieval Masters collection ($19.99). I bought Tzar back in the day for $44 or something, and now they can't give it away at the game stores for $5! Such a shame - Tzar is to this day the best RTS game EVER, IMHO. But it was made by a Bulgarian company which apparently has NO marketing budget and so it lost out to the (inferior) Microsoft version. Look forward to seeing you guys on-line for some multi-player!

Old 08-20-2001, 09:42 PM   #30
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Welcome, Renaud! I hope you´ll enjoy your time at IW.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!