Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 10-16-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Playing Arx, and I completed the activities in the temple through the doorway in the bar. However, when I go to the castle, none of what I anticipate is happening -- no discussions of a second attack, no nothing. I'm wandering around, but I've got a fear I missed firing a triggering event some how.

Any thoughts? Or should I just be patient?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:31 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

Bungleau...I think I remember this happening to me one time. Read the rest of this with caution - I don't remember exactly what I did lol.

I think I got into a problem because I was playing with a second character and I knew how and why I needed to go in there, but I jumped the gun. Make sure you talk to the snake-lady as well as the king. Visit the timple a second time, but beware the parts further in, because I think something gets generated that you may not want to fight. For some reason I'm thinking the problem resolved itself sooner rather than later.

Sorry that's not more help.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, Lucern. I went searching on the JoWood site (and discovered that in addition to publishing Arx, they also publish the Pingu games -- never realized it). From their forums, I found that I neglected one minor step after defeating the *spoil* that came up -- I forgot to actually touch the shard. That kicked the rest of it off, and it's been running just fine...

Midway through the crypt, now, and finding it just a wee bit too easy so far... and I don't know much about cheating yet

Thanks for popping up with a suggestion [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 AM   #4
Lucern
Quintesson

*memory flashes* That's exactly what happened to me - **exactly**

And I recall that first room in the crypt. I don't often stop to notice well-built rooms in games, admittedly, but that one stopped me in my tracks.

It was the least I could attempt to do for one who has helped me in the past. I found the game very much worth playing, though certain abilities make it a bit too easy.

If you're a straight mage, I think it will be entirely too easy.

A fighter with a smidgen of spellcasting ability is suitably challenging, and a rogue/archer will prove very difficult but very fun IMO.

I played through only with a fighter, so of course there could be innumerable challenges ahead for others. I know there was for my fighter.

I heard rumors of an Arx 2 several months back, by the way.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Much appreciated, Lucern [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I'm playing predominantly a fighter, although he's got some magic ability. Can't imagine life without levitation now... although I wish I could easily go up and down. That'd almost make it a fly spell

One thing struck me as I finished the first level of the crypt -- almost nothing "bad" attacked me. Oh, some rats, but by this point, puh-lease! They're hardly worth denting a sword over

I ran into the were chicken, but I thought he was supposed to quest me somehow. Did I miss something? Just curious...

Unfortunately, I have to fly to New Hampshire tonight, and I won't be able to play again until Wednesday or thereabouts At least that will give more time to think...
-+-+-+
Old 10-17-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
Lucern
Quintesson

Were-Chicken? Hmm...either I missed that or the sheer terror induced some sort of mental block

I may have to give this game another go-around.

Rats are always so aggressive and oversized in games aren't they? lol have fun picking on them, Mr Big Fighter/Mage?

And fear not! There will be many a monster worth denting your steel on. If you'll indulge me, let me know when you find such a creature - the kind for which your last strike makes you breath a sigh of relief and want to brag about in the taverns!

And when you emerge from your disorienting journey, and leave the cave (the terminal) take heart, for those are the good people of New Hampshire, and not the foes of good King Lunshire.