Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 02:27 AM   #41
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks! Then lets hire about 50 people who say through the net that NwN is the best game theyve ever played! Then release your mod which will suck EVEN MORE than the official campaign! At that time, everybody will have such a pathetic game like NwN, BioWare will make billions and everybody will hate it! muwahahahahahaa!

i love NwN [img]smile.gif[/img] . though im still at chapter 1 and havent gone anywhere..
Now, now, uss... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

No need for physical threats, we all love each other here at Ironworks, we do NOT threaten to kill them for having different opinions on a game (even if it is NWN). Rather, they are souls to be pitied, since they have not yet seen the light...

Seriously...take a chill pill, it's just a game. If Megabot doesn't like it, then he's entitled to. I just feel bad for him wasting his money an all.

Old 07-07-2002, 02:28 AM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Hey, Ziroc! Lets kill Megabot, Yorick and all the others that say Neverwinter Nights sucks!
I didn't say it sucked, I listed what I found problematic with a game I'm otherwise enjoying. I'm just being honest. How else do designers make games better if people aren't honest with feedback?

I'm always critiquing music. Doesn't mean I think music sucks. It's actually the contrary.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-07-2002, 02:44 AM   #43
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

hmmm..Megabot, I thought you can return the game to the shop you bought it from and get a refund?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:49 AM   #44
Deathcow
Elminster

yeah, most stores have a certain amount of days that you can take it back for a full refund
Old 07-07-2002, 04:03 AM   #45
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Maby i give the game a new chance when i have played troug MRW, then i think i give NWN an new chance so because maby the game is not THAT bad if i only can come out of that stupid training thingie! Because i liked BG the first of them and here in NWN you have only one character to conrol and THAT is wery good and the grapich is WERY nice so i think i maby would like it sooner or later anyway and then i will sure come with millions of questions here on the NWN forum ! LOL [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

And sorry that i "Nuked" you USS hope you are back on the earh again! lol!

Quote:
im sorry that last line that megabot posted sounded like it came from a 10 year old.
if so pong is on the atari coleco setup go play that maybe more to your liking and level
Yeah Thief it sounds like it was an maby 11 year old one who writed that line and he liked it for he thot it was fun! lol

And whata hell do Atari have to do with this game? Anyone who knove that? Why the Atari logo is on the gamebox?

[ 07-07-2002, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 07-07-2002, 09:43 AM   #46
Breakdaddy
Welcomed New User

I hated NWN when I first started playing it! I am a die hard BG II fan and the dissimilarities between the two games put me off immediately. After about two hours of gaming on NWN, I really started liking it, and now I've beaten the blasted campaign and wish I had more! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2002, 11:17 AM   #47
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakdaddy:
I hated NWN when I first started playing it! I am a die hard BG II fan and the dissimilarities between the two games put me off immediately. After about two hours of gaming on NWN, I really started liking it, and now I've beaten the blasted campaign and wish I had more! [img]smile.gif[/img]
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Anybody that is "a die-hard BGII fan" is all right with me. But, like you, I like this one, too.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:11 PM   #48
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

This game is a major disapointment to me for two reasons, which I'll get to later on.

For months I was completly excited about it's release as I read all (some) of the hype that was given on this site about the game. I even bought the $10 pre-order for the game and waited and waited and waited. Finally after spending over $60 for NWN I brought it home and installed it. Alright lets play!...WHAT?...My graphics card is not compatible?!%*?!

So I spend the rest of the day researching all the various specifications and variations that go into video cards. Finally after all that research I head back to Best Buy and buy a $100 GeForce4 MX 420 graphics card. It's not great, but it definetly blows my old 3dfx Voodoo3 card out of the park (or so I'm led to believe). Nevertheless it's compatible with NWN, YIPPPEEEE!! So the total cost now for this game so far is up near $180. OK, it's a lot of money but hey it's worth it right?? I mean this is supposed to be the three-demensional version of a Baldurs Gate-like game, but with so much more!!

So I create the typical, lawful-good, human, male, fighter (playing it safe) and start the game. The intro story seems quite interesting and different so I have no complaints there. Then the tutorial starts and it's farely boring like most games are in the begining. Ok so the fighting starts and I'm having fun. Then later I meet up with Pavel and I'm really excited now because I've got my first of MANY comrads. WHAT!!?$^%?! GET BACK HERE YOU IDIOT! WHY THE HECK ARE YOU RUNNING HEADLONG INTO THOSE MONSTERS??!! Ah, it's just the prelude/tutorial I'll figure out how to control him later.

So Paval leaves and I'm standing in the Halls of Justice waiting to get started on whats going to be weeks upon weeks of gaming heaven! I then meet Tommy Undergallows and he wants 250 gold for his services, but unfortunetly I'm short on dough, that's ok I'll pick him up later or meet someone else. I then go solo for most of chapter one and finally make it to the prison. After fighting my way down through the pits I decide to teleport back to the HoJ and get healed up. Next I go and hire little Tommy and head back to the prison.

I do a little backtracking as to have Tom lockpick the chests and cabinets that I couldn't smash open. Alrighty then, lets kick some Garrison butt and find out who's at the bottom of this prison mess! So we run into our first set of monsters and things are looking good. HEY!...HEY YOU! WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING YOU NUMBSKULL!! COME BACK HERE!! Those were my thoughts as I watched little Tommy Underwear run right up to some goons and get his butt kicked.

I couldn't beleive it, this has got to be a nightmare. So I spent the next couple of minutes trying to figure out how to control this little punk. So after awhile I gave up and teleported back again and went to the Trade of Blades as to hire another henchperson. I decided on Sharwyn. WHAT??!! WHERE THE HECK DID THAT TOMMY GUY GO TO!!??

So after reading up on NPCs/Henchmen I realized that this game was not what I expected. And so after pounding my head several times (and swearing) in disgust, I decided to go back to my trusty old Baldur's Gate I and start a new campaign. I haven't touched NWN in over a week and I'm not sure when I will again. -THE END-
Old 07-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #49
Fionnguala MacMorna
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First, I feel I should address this "Gypsy" issue. The word itself refers to a stereotype of nomadic people who borrow from cultures and typically are entertainers or "rogues." That Romany people may or may not be gypsies is another thing. Romany people need not say that they are "gypsies," since that's actually a different term, and definately not one given to them by themselves. Let's not say that Romany = Gypsy, because it doesn't, and therefore there's no need for anyone to get their feathers ruffled.

As far as NWN goes, I think that so far there's a bit too much combat in the included story (I felt shades of Resident Evil from time to time) and the idea of hiring henchmen seems a bit stilted to me (the old "You walk into the One-Eyed Hippogryph Bar and meet some mercenaries..."). The 3rd edition rules are a great improvement toward making more realistic and flexible characters.

The voices are a bit "cartoony." Who wants to use that "idealistic female" voice, anyway? The difference between the BG2 voices and these is like the difference between undubbed anime and dubbed anime. *shudder*
Old 07-07-2002, 03:30 PM   #50
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV:
....So the total cost now for this game so far is up near $180. OK, it's a lot of money but hey it's worth it right??
You would of had to have gotten a new graphics card eventally, that is if you play more games than just NwN. I upgraded from an ATI Rage Fury to a GeForce 3 about 6 months ago in preparation for NwN, Morrowind, Warcraft III, etc. because I knew the specs would be pretty high. Technology moves fast, it's a fact of life. Don't blame it soley on NwN.

Quote:
.... WHAT!!?$^%?! GET BACK HERE YOU IDIOT! WHY THE HECK ARE YOU RUNNING HEADLONG INTO THOSE MONSTERS??!! Ah, it's just the prelude/tutorial I'll figure out how to control him later....etc.etc.
[/QB]
Right-clicking or talking (left clicking) to your Hireling gives you some options in controlling your NPC like Stand Your Ground, Guard Me, Heal Me, Use Only Ranged Weapons, Use Only Melee Weapons, Follow Me, etc. He only acts like a maniac because you are letting him.

Please don't judge the game badly because you didn't read the manual or go through the tutorial patiently and don't know how to do things correctly. And I wouldn't judge the game on the tutorial alone, that's really stupid because it's such a small part of the game. Try making it past the first Chapter and then make an opinion on the game.

[ 07-07-2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Medieval Dead ]
Closed Thread