Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-06-2004, 04:09 AM   #1
Dnirr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've found out a little bug. Perhaps it is known already or very specific to my system, but I thought I'd share it anyway, since a workaround I found might be added to the Tech FAQ or someone might know a better solution.

When the game is loaded for the first time, the graphics renderer is set to software mode. In this mode the introduction movie plays normally. When the D3D renderer is selected however, the game crashes upon selecting the 'View introduction' option. This does not happen when the software rendering is set.

Since I'm not far into the game yet, I haven't encountered any other movies. After searching through W&W's directories however, I believe there should be at least one more. If anyone finds their computer locking up or CTD'ing when a movie should be playing or finds that the intro movie doesn't work anymore the workaround is to switch to the software renderer.

On a sidenote... I found the intromovie quite horribly overacted, so I'm in no hurry to see it yet again [img]smile.gif[/img] The game itself is great however!

Regards,
Dnirr
Old 04-06-2004, 05:30 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

I belive installing the Indeo video codecs will allow you to play those movies. I've posted a link to those codecs somewhere on this forum. A search should bring that link up if you want to try it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:44 AM   #3
Dnirr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah, right.. thank you! I knew someone must have encountered the same error in the past and found a more elegant solution.

I'll download and test them this evening. Looks like i'll have to bare the '...and one side Eeeeeeeeviiil' monologues etc. just one more time to verify it works on my pc!