Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2004, 01:48 PM   #51
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Installed the CEP, but I never did find the CEP portraits. And, just to be clear, my NWN folder does NOT contain a Portraits folder.

Oh, well, I'm playing now, and I have further problems. I stopped in the middle of the prelude and went to MAGIKS MOD. I played a bit and clicked "Save Character" -- successfully.

Now, the book says that I can go to the Load Game screen, select the Prelude save game I want to continue, and then "click on the Import Character button instead of the Load button." Well, I go to the Load Game screen, and THERE IS NOT IMPORT CHARACTER BUTTON!!!!!

This is maddening. Just to confirm it was not something to do with the mod, I also opened a regular saved game and saved the character. Then I tried it again -- still no Import button.

I have NWN-SOU-HOU and Updated the game before I began playing. I also installed the CEP. Is my game broken? This is getting to be no fun. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? THANKS!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:58 PM   #52
andrewas
Harper

That manual sucks, there is no import button.

What you have to do is open the game in multiplayer mode - password it if you have an open internet connection at the time, and select to use a premade character instead of the one from the save. Select the new version of the character, it will complain there are two of the same character in the game, select to use the new one and then save the game again. Load it up in singleplayer, and you should have the new character.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:29 PM   #53
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanks! [img]graemlins/dance.gif[/img] Worked just fine.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:24 PM   #54
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The CEP portraits are there, trust me. In order to use them the module has to have CEP installed in it. None of the OC's do since they were not created with CEP. Open the module that came with the community expansion titled "CEP starter Module" and create a new char then click portraits and you'll see 'em.

I took a screenshot of me doing this in my own server with CEP installed just now, look:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQAAAHAY3tJVgnNWS!O03xks1XXvSYqM60fB5yrEfYHINztNj N7BhSNLH!7GdqgUM2u1ZFn3NdrCpujtPaKhHBzHzISTX5lkuag eRkOb7FY5wAXu*JQdKQ/ceports.JPG?dc=4675466702335983089[/img]