Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-24-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
ace777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i killed the stout in the mines the rat told me to go to his hideout (booger prison) i beat that now when i say "job" he says hes got no job for me right now
ace777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:42 AM   #2
Mattman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try switching characters, because only one will have the assassin quest.
Mattman
Mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi ace777!

Mattman has a very good point - you do need to make certain that the same character who got the original quest from Scanthril is asking about the second job.

You didn't need to go complete the Boogre Caves prior to asking about the job. Scanthril was only trying to ditch you, hoping you'd get killed up there.

THe two parts of this quest are: 1) find out that Scanthril's first agent failed and return to Scanthril with the news. You complete this by finding the burnt body in the western part of the shire. 2) Kill Raskallion.

The only other variables that I can think to consider here are - did you kill Raskallion when you had the quest or before hand? Had you completed the 1st part- the agents failure?
The assassin's dagger quest is one of the most easily messed up quests in the game. Players kill the rats before they know they need them or they don't kill the rats but kill Raskallion before they have the quest. And it is super easy to not figure out that this is a 2 part quest and not let Scanthril off trying to ditch you to the caves.

Look in your character's journal to be absolutely certain you have the correct character talking to Scanthril and then work your way through the all the chat window keywords. Job should be the trigger

If you didn't complete the first part of the quest, consider reloading to before the time you first talked to Scanthril.

Wyv
Old 02-25-2002, 04:54 PM   #4
ace777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Hi ace777!

Mattman has a very good point - you do need to make certain that the same character who got the original quest from Scanthril is asking about the second job.

You didn't need to go complete the Boogre Caves prior to asking about the job. Scanthril was only trying to ditch you, hoping you'd get killed up there.

THe two parts of this quest are: 1) find out that Scanthril's first agent failed and return to Scanthril with the news. You complete this by finding the burnt body in the western part of the shire. 2) Kill Raskallion.

The only other variables that I can think to consider here are - did you kill Raskallion when you had the quest or before hand? Had you completed the 1st part- the agents failure?
The assassin's dagger quest is one of the most easily messed up quests in the game. Players kill the rats before they know they need them or they don't kill the rats but kill Raskallion before they have the quest. And it is super easy to not figure out that this is a 2 part quest and not let Scanthril off trying to ditch you to the caves.

Look in your character's journal to be absolutely certain you have the correct character talking to Scanthril and then work your way through the all the chat window keywords. Job should be the trigger

If you didn't complete the first part of the quest, consider reloading to before the time you first talked to Scanthril.

Wyv

Old 02-25-2002, 04:57 PM   #5
ace777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks alot wyv i killed the stout and found the dead guy without going back to him. ill restart and get the dagger =)
Old 02-25-2002, 07:07 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yay!!!

I tried (unsuccessfully) once again to email you, ace, but it bounces back to me with fatal errors. If you really get stuck and need hacking help, I suggest you try writing to Xignal and see if he can email you because I can't

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:02 PM   #7
ace777
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i have the assassin dagger now no need to hack anymore .

thanks for all your help wyvern .
Old 02-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!