Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 05:19 PM   #51
Davros
Takhisis Follower

M,

I see a debate on the openness or closedness of minds. In a debate, you rely on information to supply some support for your side of the discussion. I took was was readily at hand. Is there some particular detail that you object to, or just my using you as a case study?

Your argument of thread contamination is rather vague to me, because it would seem "par for the course" for threads in IW to be taken in many directions. On this comment, the words Pot Kettle and Black spring to mind.

I must be about the 6th or 7th member that you have made that TOS threat to - is that something that you resort to when you want to guillotine debate on the topic? Tell you what - to be on the safe side, I will ask some of the moderators to go through this thread and see if I'm crossing any lines. Will let them give me some personal feedback via email such that I can use that information for personal development [img]smile.gif[/img] . There, does that make you feel more comfortable.

Damn - out of time - nice rebuttal JD [img]smile.gif[/img] - I will be back to explore your answer further when I get home from work.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:27 PM   #52
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Mmmm... as someone who often ruffles feathers around here, I gotta know: what exactly does TOS stand for?
Old 10-29-2002, 05:29 PM   #53
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Mmmm... as someone who often ruffles feathers around here, I gotta know: what exactly does TOS stand for?
Terms of Service? That button up there that says Rules and Regulations. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:32 PM   #54
Charean
Hathor

You are correct, Spelca. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #55
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

(Mrs. Iselin touches her son's head, then sits down before him and takes his hands in hers. The giant queen of diamonds is visible in the background between them.)
Mrs. Iselin: I know you will never entirely comprehend this, Raymond. But you must believe I did not know it would be you. I served them. I fought for them. I'm on the point of winning for them the greatest foothold they will ever have in this country. And they paid me back by taking your soul away from you. I told them to build me an assassin. I wanted a killer from a world filled with killers and they chose you. Because they thought it would bind me closer to them.
(Mrs. Iselin pulls Raymond closer to her. She takes his face in her hands.)
Mrs. Iselin: But now we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then, when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me.
(Mrs. Iselin kisses her son: on the forehead, the cheek, and -- most intensely -- on the lips.)
Old 10-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #56
Donut
Jack Burton

[quote]Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Quote:
.Then again the brittish government is still doing it today with Ireland.I wonder where the U.N. sanctions are concerning that?
Sorry, I must have missed something here - what is it that the briTTish are doing in Ireland?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-29-2002, 06:06 PM   #57
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
(Mrs. Iselin touches her son's head, then sits down before him and takes his hands in hers. The giant queen of diamonds is visible in the background between them.)
Mrs. Iselin: I know you will never entirely comprehend this, Raymond. But you must believe I did not know it would be you. I served them. I fought for them. I'm on the point of winning for them the greatest foothold they will ever have in this country. And they paid me back by taking your soul away from you. I told them to build me an assassin. I wanted a killer from a world filled with killers and they chose you. Because they thought it would bind me closer to them.
(Mrs. Iselin pulls Raymond closer to her. She takes his face in her hands.)
Mrs. Iselin: But now we have come almost to the end. One last step. And then, when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you. And what they did in so contemptuously underestimating me.
(Mrs. Iselin kisses her son: on the forehead, the cheek, and -- most intensely -- on the lips.)
Are you drunk?? (or is it me?)
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-29-2002, 06:53 PM   #58
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Of course I'm drunk Donut! You silly duck *quack* But...well that post had a point but you would had to seen and recognise an old movie [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 07:08 PM   #59
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Did you read my very first post? I would say that you ought to. It covers that issue quite well. There are no "illegal settlements" unless you call all the arab settlements and cities on Jewish land illegal as well. Basicly the Jews did not evict the arabs from the lands that were given to them, and There is no legitimate reason to evict the jews on the west bank or the Gaza. The steps taken by Israel in 1967 were provoked, justifiable and reasonable in my mind, they had already been attacked twice by the combined might of the Arab League, how many times must they allow the Arabs to try and push them into the sea, without becomming a proactive nation instead of a reactive one? Please, do read the report [img]smile.gif[/img] I worked hard on it [img]smile.gif[/img]
I dont think you covered up your passive aggressiveness good enough [img]smile.gif[/img] Add some more fake smily faces just to be sure [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 07:18 PM   #60
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Exquisitly researched and well thought out argument there Caleb, how could anyone refute your studies and researched facts. I salute your Historical and political acumen!

PS. can you spell S. A. R. C. A. S. M. ?
Glad you liked it [img]smile.gif[/img] Heres another one.