Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-24-2002, 11:38 AM   #1
Axe-Lord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright I beat BG BG2 and IWD. i need something challenging. is W&W played like BG or is it more like Kings Quest? how many ppl are in your party? do you get to create your own character/party? im interested in this game. i have seen it in stores and it looks good but i want some insight. thanks.
Axe-Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 12:31 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Axe-Lord!!!

I always find questions like this difficult to answer since game preferences can vary so much from person to person.
W&W is one of the best games I have played in years. I like that you can have a party of up to 6 characters and that there is a lot of flexibility in how you develop them as you play. I like that the game world is not so huge or complicated as to get to be a chore. I like the game world, the feel of being in the world and seeing it through a first person point of view. W&W is more like the Wizardry and perhaps the Might & Magic series than it is like BG or Kings Quest (it isn't anything like KQ).
My impression from following this board for so long is that people who really love the BG series tend to not like W&W but there are exceptions. These days W&W is usually found at bargain rates so I don't think you can go very wrong by at least giving it a try.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:04 PM   #3
Axe-Lord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you know if there is a place i could download a demo or play a demo. thanks again.
Axe-Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:20 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

As far as I know, no demo was ever made for W&W.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #5
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

I'm one of the exceptions. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I like this game a lot, although it's really different from BG. I don't know about King's quest, though.
Arwyn the Betrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:26 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Itīs deinitively not KQ! Itīs a good game with lots of puzzles and killing (duh lol). Itīs a very good game, not thebest Iīve ever played, but still a very good game. Iīm gonna step out on a line here and disagree with Wyv (lol), itīs not really like the M&M games. You have no options to choose from light and dark just one storyline, but a good one! On the plus side is that you post on this forum with itīs excellent atmosphere!
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 12:14 AM   #7
chi master
Zhentarim Guard

wizards and warriors is deffinately worth a try and you could try to get it from one of those places that give you a couple of days just to see if you like it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[img]graemlins/1druid.gif[/img]
chi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 01:07 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Axe-Lord. May your hunting be fruitful.

W&W is much more like Wizardry than anything else (which is natural, since DW Bradley was responsible for both). And to put it in perspective, WillowIX, the light/dark choice for M&M only showed up in MM7, kind of fizzled in MM8, and disappeared in MM9. Besides, you do have your own light/dark choice in W&W -- just because it happens in the final moments of the game is beside the point :]

It's somewhat similar to the BG series, but with a different viewpoint, which makes switching between the games more difficult IMHO.

I'll second the opinion that it's a bargain at today's prices, and that this forum is one of the best sources of info to make life in the Gael Serran worth living [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 11:49 AM   #9
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Axe-Lord, I've also enjoyed the BG series & could possibly revisit them once more. Wizardry becomes addictive & I think I could play through it several times because the charactor advancement will change every time. It reminds me of an old Amiga game called Eye of the Beholder, but it is much better & more modern.
The price is right now & it is well worth buying even if just to take a look at.
There are quite a few gliches in the game, some of which are rectified in the patch. This forum has answers for most of the other problems.
I look forward to hereing from you again on this forum.