Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #1
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Should I become a barbarian before I try to become a samurai since it's a much easier quest and can be done much faster? Is there a good logical order to ascending the ranks?
Jord413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 02:41 PM   #2
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

im assuming you have a warrior thats gonna be the barb/sam. that would work as you would get a lot of hp (hitpoints) and lock picking skills as barbarian and then when you go to samurai you have a book of magic. and actually the samurai is easier to achieve in my opinon (because if u have settings on low spawn rate it will take u a while to get those 20 kills while all you have to do for samurai is kill the guy thats guarding the baton, pick it up and bring it back to town.)
Old 03-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #3
Jord413
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I just figured since I can start training barbarian really early I would be able to rack up some good hps before having to go all the way cross the map. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the advice.
Jord413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:29 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Train Barbarian early. Like, as soon as you get ready to leave Valeia for the first time, if you've got the GP.

All you need are 20 kills, meaning that you have to strike the final blow. That can be challenging for a young party, but you'll get used to it. The fun part is that you can get those kills with anything, including cockroaches, rats, fish... you get the picture. Consider giving all offensive scrolls to the wannabe barbarian and having him or her use them.

Oh, yeah. IMHO, you want to switch to Barbarian ASAP to get the benefit of the HP. You tend not to gain a real increase in HP until you've surpassed your old level, so the longer you wait, the longer until you can turn him or her into a tank. It does average out over time, but personally, I'd rather have the big HP early instead of a former wizard getting a lot of HP later.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote