Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 09:04 AM   #11
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

When the stuff was put on the sidewalk, does that make it "salvage" that anyone can claim? What would happen if the evicted couple called the police and reported their stuff stolen?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:16 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

VulcanRider, no, it doesn't, since the owners didn't put the stuff on the street, the bank or mortgage company's eviction team did.

As I've said before, sis, I hope that woman got some kind of punishment for what she did. It was pretty low and it sounds like she didn't do much work before this, from what you've said!

I agree, the people being evicted, must have had some notice ahead of time, so I guess they took their chances, but still, I think it's bad enough losing your home , but then all your things too? ugh...As others point out, we don't know what happened to make them not pay the mortgage- they could be deadbeats or just not to swift about spending money as Davros so aptly pointed out, or maybe one or both lost high paying jobs and took lesser paying ones to try and make ends meet...the possiblities are endless and it's hard to guess without more info. I feel bad for them, either way, but that woman who stole their things and then invited others to steal too, needs a lesson in human kindness, compassion and the finer points of property ownership law!

[ 12-15-2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #13
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
...a lesson in human kindness, compassion and the finer points of property ownership law!
Well, if humans had things like kindness and compassion we wouldn't need any kind of property ownerdhip law.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I call the T.V.......jk well hopefully she gets fired.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #15
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

She sounds like common, classless scum, as do her 'associates'. I'm glad to hear she was fired. Hopefully she'll wind up destitute herself.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My opinion... your hubby should have gotten rid of her before. If the cleaning company works for him, he should be in the position to be able to tell them to use a different worker. That should have been done before. If the cleaning company wants to fight it, there is always room for a replacement company.

On the property topic, I suspect the police might want to know about this lady's antics...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:22 AM   #17
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm just wondering what it takes to become a shite coworker, sounds like a tough job to me.
sounds like a for real piece of shite, to me...
The vultures always swoop in when people are at their weakest points...

This happened to a buddy of mine, too; only his landlord said he was out, and hired some guys to do the evicting, and the guys hired to evict started taking stuff. The nerve of some people is simply disgusting.

SilentThief