Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-08-2002, 09:51 PM   #31
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Speaking of Oatmeal, there is this recipe I've been trying to get for ages, but so far unsuccessful. I just remember years and years ago, I worked at this office, and this lady brought in one day these, well dunno what to call them exactly. Hey if I knew thier name I'd have found the recipe by now. Anyways, they were like brownies in that they were dark brown, cut into squares and about an inch thick. Chocolate of course, Extremely moist, but there was oatmeal in them too. I'm not much on sweets, rarely eat them anymore, but these things are different, addicting as hell. I meant to get the recipe from that lady, but she ended up quitting the office and I never heard from her again. I'd truly LOVE to know what that was and the recipe for it! Waaa. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-08-2002, 10:11 PM   #32
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I know, Lady Zekke. I have always felt that there were all these great recipes out there, if I could just get my hands on them. Tonight I sauteed broccol in garlic-pepper butter, and they were delish, along with ribeyes (sorry, Epona- we're on the Atkins diet, so we eat a LOT of meat.)and Caesar salad. No dessert. If I'm on a diet, then the kids have to be, also.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-09-2002, 01:32 AM   #33
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Speaking of Oatmeal, there is this recipe I've been trying to get for ages, but so far unsuccessful. I just remember years and years ago, I worked at this office, and this lady brought in one day these, well dunno what to call them exactly. Hey if I knew thier name I'd have found the recipe by now. Anyways, they were like brownies in that they were dark brown, cut into squares and about an inch thick. Chocolate of course, Extremely moist, but there was oatmeal in them too. I'm not much on sweets, rarely eat them anymore, but these things are different, addicting as hell. I meant to get the recipe from that lady, but she ended up quitting the office and I never heard from her again. I'd truly LOVE to know what that was and the recipe for it! Waaa. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think I know what you're talking about. My grandmother makes them.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 02-09-2002, 11:27 PM   #34
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You know, I'd be okay with "Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip." It's not the oatmeal that offends me so much, as it is those stupid raisins! ECCCCHH!!! I'd just as soon as eat a bug. [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

The Chocolate brownie with oatmeal sounds interesting LadyZ; if you find the recipe, let us know! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 02-10-2002, 02:24 AM   #35
Moni

Here is a recipe for (no-bake) chocolate fudge oatmeal cookies.
I would imagine if you spread it into a wax-paper-lined pan, you could cut it into squares!
It's a fabulous cookie but do be careful not to eat too many...Ex-lax has nothing on the person who created it!

2 c. Sugar
1/4 c. Butter
1/2 c. Milk
1/3 c. Powdered Cocoa
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. Peanut Butter
3 c. Quick Cooking Oats

Mix Sugar, Milk, Butter and Cocoa together in large saucepan.
Heat on med-high until boiling.
Let boil exactly one (1) minute.
Remove from heat and in the same saucepan add vanilla, peanut butter, and oatmeal.
Do not let cool off.
Spoon immediately onto wax paper and let cool.

Do not make these on a rainy day...like any fudge, they won't set. (unless you live in an extremely arid climate to begin with)

Old 02-10-2002, 05:19 AM   #36
Pangur Ban

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Lol!!

Well, the snack that I hate most are moon-pies.
My favorite are the Suzie-Q's.

For the benefit of us obviously junk food uneducated and deprived Aussies ... What in Meeclar's holy name is a moon-pie and a Suzie-Q?

Oatmeal cookies? --- mmmm, nice !!
Chocolate chip cookies? ---- yukk, retch, Hiss !!! ( I don't like chocolate )
Favorite snack food --- sushi, if I can get it.

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 07:57 AM   #37
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:

For the benefit of us obviously junk food uneducated and deprived Aussies ... What in Meeclar's holy name is a moon-pie and a Suzie-Q?

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

Pangur, I agree with Larry, for once. Moon pies are two balnd cookies with marshmallow filling and either a fudge or banana frosting. I find them dreadful.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 02-10-2002, 02:52 PM   #38
Moni

and Suzie Q's are two pieces of chocolate cake with about an inch of sugary "whipped cream" between them. They can sit on a shelf for months and still taste the same so I doubt there is one natural ingredient in them with maybe the exception of sugar and cocoa LOL.

Give me salad.

Old 02-10-2002, 03:20 PM   #39
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

EEEW, Moni, you mean like thos awful Hostess cupcakes? Yuck. I'm sure you're right, all preservatives. I don't kno how people can eat them. And, so many calories.
Old 02-10-2002, 03:24 PM   #40
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
and Suzie Q's are two pieces of chocolate cake with about an inch of sugary "whipped cream" between them. They can sit on a shelf for months and still taste the same so I doubt there is one natural ingredient in them with maybe the exception of sugar and cocoa LOL.

Give me salad.

Oooooh, I've tasted those, shove them in the freezer for a couple of hours and then eat them, makes them extra tasty.