Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-03-2000, 12:54 AM   #1
PalmBeacher

The game crashes every time at the same spot as I take the road down to Gorthius. It also crashes every time at the exact same spot up a few levels in the asylum. Is there a way around this? The asylum crash makes it impossible to finish.
&lt>
I might have messed things up by restarting the game incorrectly. I accidentally used the potion instead of giving it to the frog (?named Mekdawa?) and didn't realize I messed up until I had saved over my old saves. I decided to restart but couldn't figure out how to get the game to start at the beginning so I deleted all the files with recent dates (I saved them). I first tried keeping the roster.dat file so that my characters and gear were still there. When this crashed I started over with all the recent files deleted including roster.dat and rerolled characters and bought gear again, etc. (ugh). Everything looks like the game is starting over at the beginning except the old map is still there. I couldn't figure out where the old map was saved.
&lt>
If I can't get this fixed how do I restart from the beginning without uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Can I still use my roster.dat file? My latest group of characters is only at 2nd and 3rd level.

Palm Beach Chad Puncher

Old 12-03-2000, 01:08 AM   #2
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go in the inn and click 'reset adventure' or whatever it is. That will put you back to the last time you left the village. You need to select your characters again. You should be able to start over by deleting all the saved games.
Old 12-03-2000, 01:10 AM   #3
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oops. Didn't read your message carefully enough.
Old 12-03-2000, 02:44 AM   #4
Jungwirsch

Which Windows version are you using (Windows 95 a/b/c, 98, Millenium, 2000, ME, NT 3.5, 4.0)? How much virtual memory? Are the drivers to your graphics/sound card the latest ones available? Which setting in graphics mode (software/hardware)? The game is very sensitive to all of the above, so you might try playing around with these.
Hannes