Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 08:54 PM   #1
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings...
I got this itm.file from a "friend" thru my mail.
I was instructed to copy this file into my "override folder" and import it into my character inventory thru Shadowkeeper.
Well, what I got was a bow specially designed for CLERICS!!!!
I equipped it to Viconia and now she's showering deaths in my fights.
I admit that it kinda unbalanced the game a bit but its refreshing to see a bow-wielding cleric!The description says something about Helm infuencing a priest in constructing this bow or something.It doesn't need any ammunitions and it gives you a bonus THACO +10!

Anyway, if you wanna try this "Bow Of The Netherland" thingy out, do e-mail me.Just be warned that all icons or graphics contained within this file are obviously copyrights of Bioware or Interplay or Black Isle.I don't wanna be sued for sharing some fun with you guys.

(BTW I think I know how this thingy comes about but can't confirmed it.Any opinion is appreciated.)
Old 11-18-2000, 03:22 AM   #2
The X
Dungeon Master

Can anyone out there please tell me of how such an item can be made. Is there any website or program like that of shadowkeeper where gamers can edit their equipments??

I really hope that someone can hope me with this.
Thanx in advance.
Old 11-18-2000, 03:42 AM   #3
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey The X,
I'm interested in the file so if you you could send this to me it would be greatly appreciated.
my E-mail address is in my profile.
Old 11-18-2000, 03:45 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The X
Click on one of the two links below, they should help you out

Arundor's Abode. Just scroll down to the section which says Item Creation.
The TeamBG site. This is where you get allthe tools to hack your own item. Just be careful!
Old 11-18-2000, 04:23 AM   #5
The X
Dungeon Master

Thanx a million Memnoch!!

BTW have you ever try editing or hacking your stuffs before??? Just curious.He..he..he..
Old 11-18-2000, 04:27 AM   #6
The X
Dungeon Master

Mr Underhill, thanx for your interest. I've sent the file over.Do check it out.
Old 11-18-2000, 06:45 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I was actually making one for BG1 when BG2 came out and now I've forgotten how to do it

BUT I plan to relearn, with the TeamBG tools it's not that hard, you just need to make sure you don't make something that totally unbalances the game. I like making unique type items that complement the way I play. Like a second Celestial Fury type Katana with a unique history would be cool
Old 11-18-2000, 06:58 AM   #8
The X
Dungeon Master

Well thanx again for the websites Memnoch. I'll be downloading the programs and tools once I reach home from office later this evening. Maybe soon we can start a tread which adresses gamers with their own customized items.Just a thought. He he he he he....
Old 11-18-2000, 07:27 AM   #9
Armisael

I made a few 'Child of Bhaal' theme innate abilities. Anyone interested?

Old 11-18-2000, 07:28 AM   #10
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The X, thanx for the bow, And Memnoch thanks for the tip on item creation I also went to Teambg and downloaded everything I've also downloaded a hex editor to work out bugs with the items.