Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2000, 05:57 AM   #11
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

About war and about what if.. If Hitler had won he would probably bbe dead in a few years due to the impossibley bad tactician he was, due to his hate for minorities due to his lack of consideration to thoose who served and fought for him, the only reasin German was able to come anywhere were their great tacticians and good industry, the lost on all fronts later on as previously stated, not only in Russia, but also in Africa, they never got anywhere over to GB and in France, Jugoslvia the reesitance kept disrupting the germans plan over and over.. Norweig (Norge) sorry for the spelling did everything they could to spoil the germans ideas and were very succesful! Don´t listen to all the crap of Kiessling and others, as the case is, all countries have had and has their portion of bad and stupid people.
Hitler had two assasinations from his own peple which he survived too bad that, and I think he would not have survived yet another. So the question is still to be answered what if? Well at the time being after the war, It would probably have been a worst case scenario but later on the germans as the romans would have foundout that a people in chains who has lost everything has nothing to loose and thereefore fight every battle as their last! No way they could have controlled so much! To feww of them and wioth the weakness of the top leaders it would have been chaos and if he would attack USA, well he would for sure hae his hands full..
And what if he got to greedy? Would the Japanese army still behis allies?
Questions questions..
And answers so hard to find..

I have a question to this to all of you which I think is very important to ask:
How can we avoid something similiar to happen again?
Old 12-08-2000, 06:19 AM   #12
_max_RUSSKIE

Man it could have been alot worse.....

Hitler spoiled evrything for himself, having not a high rank, not knowing any tactics. (he was the next rank up from seargent : i know what its called in russian but not in English, the rank was Efrighter? or something like that.)

We were pretty close to him developing Atomic weapons (if it wernt for the Brittish commando operations destroying the black water facilities in norway, he would have had them.) During all off this, revenge weapon 3 (v3) was developed.
What it was was a ballistic rocket that could fligh into the lower atmosphere and fly large distances. If he had atomic weapons, he could haver had the first ballistic missile. This is a fact that the Ussr stole the 2 existing v3's,
then made thir own. Thats how Russia won the Space Race, having the first sattelte, First animal in space, and first man in space. before the americans even sended up thir own.

Also after reading Erich Hartmann : Fighter ace (excellent book!) He apparently was misinformed by his generals (military info like : what caliber guns Russia had etc etc), who didnt want to displease him.... and told him info for 1939 status.

Old 12-08-2000, 06:29 AM   #13
Mantis

The world would definitly be a much worse place if hitler fulfilled his dream. racism/nazism should have no place among humans.
although the nazi deserved everything they got, i think the use of the atomic bomb on japan was just america asserting dominance over the other nations. i think they were also feeding the grudge the american people had towards the japanese becuase of the bombing of pearl harbour.
but thats just me

Old 12-08-2000, 08:32 AM   #14
bpm07

Good discussion!

I agree that sooner or later Germany would have crumbled because as with the Roman empire they had just streched to far.

But I beleive that had they attacked GB before attacking Russia things could have gone very different. Britain were on the edge, the country in ruins and vulnerable to German attacks. With no weather problems and standard blitzkrieg tactics the Germans have wrapped that up in six months or so. THEN they could turn to Russia. Another good point is that had Hitler followed the original plan of taking Moscow and Leningrad quickly things would have been very different as well. All that changing about never did them any good and they would have all north of Russia before the winter '41. Then turn to Volgograd and Caucasus. Germany had everything they needed to win this war on the fronts, superior tactics and machinery and willing soldiers. And I'd have to say Hitler is the sole person to blame/thank for their loss.

But then this is only speculation, who knows what could've happened?