Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Ok, what about Heidi Klum?
Heidi Klum doesn't have huge disgusting lumps of fat hanging down her chest last time i saw her. Then again...i was kinda hypnotised by her long legs, so i guess i wouldn't know.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #12
vesselle
Hathor

*ignores all the boob-watcher comments* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
what the heck is "biomechanical gauging"?
*sighs* you know what would really be nice? a freckle-sized anti-grav device that negates ever having to wear a bra again. i'm thinking playtex would prolly buy up the patent and then squash it, tho.

V***V
Old 12-27-2005, 12:39 PM   #13
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
anti-grav device that negates ever having to wear a bra again. i'm thinking playtex would prolly buy up the patent and then squash it, tho.

V***V
I believe its called a hand, though 2 work better. For best results, let someone else do it, so YOUR hands are free to go about their daily business. I'd recommend Robo Sapien for it. His hands are uber.

[ 12-27-2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Surely they could design something that is comfortable yet supportive and not have to rely on "top down" support such as straps. Why not some of that "memory foam" like they use for mattresses with some thin strips of soft yet stiff plastic to support from below? The foam provides the comfort while the plastic strips would provide support and there would be no straps going over the shoulder.

Now I suppose I'll have to sketch some design concepts. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #15
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I still think having a robot to hold your breasts is the best solution.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:03 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's all in the laws of physics and the center of gravity. Without the top strap, the basic supporting shape would be an upside-down capital L, and things would just fall over. You'd need either some support underneath and away from the body (to shift the center of gravity under the... objects ) or you'd need a very sturdy side support to prevent it from falling over at all... which may or may not be comfortable, depending on who the maker of the strapless bra in question is.

Ermmm.... what were we discussing again?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #17
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
The latest technologies and sophisticated biomechanical gaugings are being used to design brassieres to liberate women from the discomfort of which most complain (and especially buxom women, since a D-cup bra normally carries breasts weighing from 15 to 23 pounds). Leading work (according to a November Wall Street Journal report) is being done in China by engineers for Top Form Inc. (suppliers to Victoria's Secret, Playtex and Maidenform) and by biomechanist Deirdre McGhee at the University of Wollongong in Australia. A British professor, David Morris, teaches "bra studies" at De Montfort University in Leicester, and Hong Kong's Polytechnic University recently created a degree program in bra studies. [Discover magazine, November 2005; Wall Street Journal, 11-9-05]
Anyone else think this post reads like a book report? Giving sources and all - I was looking for the bibliography...mostly looking for examples... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote