Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Keal

Happy Laughing Best Race in Oblivion?

Now, I know I'm possibly starting the most racist thread on the forum, but on the account that we're talking about fictional races I think it will be ok, agreed? But anyway, out of the, I think 8 races in the game, not counting Vampire, which one do you guys think is best.

I'm going to say Nord, because a) they are huge b) they are beastly warriors c) Nord reminds me of the Nordic Gods, and let's face it not only are Vikings the most fierce and devastating people of all time, but Thor is a freakin' B.A!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Best Race in Oblivion?

I've always been fond of woodelves for thieving/assassin runs.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I think Argonians. Cos they are disease resistant, and I am fed up with getting diseases off all the nature. Plus the water breathing is nice to escape from things.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
Chi Maestro
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bretons are actually the best race. Only race with whom it's possible to obtain 100% resist magicka and 101% reflect damage without cheating or glitching.

So yeah, being practically invincible (they can still get hurt by poisoned arrows...) makes bretons the best.
Chi Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
Keal

Bretons? I forgot about them, I actually don't know of anyone else who uses that race. HOw can they get 101 reflect damage
Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
I think Argonians. Cos they are disease resistant, and I am fed up with getting diseases off all the nature. Plus the water breathing is nice to escape from things.

I found the race-based water breathing to be negligable, seeing as you can obtain a ring with perpetual waterbreathing pretty early in the game.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Yeah, but I prefer to wear more useful rings, so I don't have to waste a slot with water breathing or bother to recast a spell.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Not such a tremendous issue if you have two quick slots to spare, which largely depends on your play style. Which is largely what it comes down to when selecting a race, how do you like to play your character.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In ES games, i've always found that it's not a race's strengths which define them, rather their weaknesses. Altmer spring to mind as the weakest of the races due to their weaknesses to magic and the elements. Their magicka bonus is too easily gained from other means to make them a viable choice.

As for my favourite, in Oblivion, it's the khajiit. Purely for aesthetic reasons though.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Lorewise, the best race should be an Imperial. Because it would be logical for an Imperial doing all those heroic works trying to save his home place. On the other hand, I can't understand why other races would bust their arse off trying to save the empire. Being the empire has conquered their land and such. Wouldn't other races love to see the empire crumble?

Now gameplay wise, my favourite is a Nord, this is probably because of Morrowind, in Morrowind a Nord is immune to cold damage, if you give the Nord several other items, the Nord will be nearly immune to all type of damage. Also A Nord is big and strong. Which suit me when I roleplay as a warrior.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote