Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Is this a truly unconditional love?
Old 03-20-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I just got back from getting my hair cut. The woman who was cutting my hair told me how she loved to buy shoes. She then said she did it because shoes provide unconditional love. It doesn't matter if you are tall or short, heavy or thin, homely or beautiful. Shoes are always there for you and they always make you happy.
This is a new theory for me and would like to get some IW feedback.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:49 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, my wife would add, you don't have to lose weight to buy them. Yeah, I think (think?-KNOW!) that shoes are a female thing.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
Masklinn

I have to agree there.

I usually have one pair of shoes per year. And these shoes are my best friend through the whole year.

During this year they never bitch at me, they never get jealous, they never ask me for money, never yell at me, never talk endlessly to say nothing, I don't have to remember our anniversary nor their birthday.

They're always here when I need them ! Every morning when I wake up they're here, just next to my bed, waiting nicely for me.

Even better, they will always listen to what I have to say, they know exactly where I want to go and what I want to do at any time of the day and they will always agree and come with me !

Best of all : I can yell at them, kick them, throw them violently on the ground or on a wall and they will never take it personnaly...

So yes, indeed, it's an unconditional love !

Old 03-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry to deviate from the subject somewhat, but as I stated in my previous Sig Pic...TRUE "unconditional love" does exist.

It is found in the eyes of God...and your children. Only God and your children love you simply because you are you. No other conditions are required.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:15 PM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Best of all : I can yell at them, kick them, throw them violently on the ground or on a wall and they will never take it personnaly...

So yes, indeed, it's an unconditional love !

I can relate to you there

------>Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
It is found in the eyes of God...and your children. Only God and your children love you simply because you are you. No other conditions are required.

Most definatly.

[ 03-20-2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 03-20-2003, 11:58 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm sorry, but I have to say no. Now realise this is from a woman who loves shoes. LOVES them. I got two new pairs last saturday which I set up on my desk so I could admire them

BUT!! They don't always love me. I have blisters on both feet right now from a different pair of shoes. In fact almost every pair of shoes I've ever had gave me blisters. Plus I have very small and narrow feet, so sometimes they don't make shoes I like in my size, or are too wide. That's very sad!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:04 AM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:

Even better, they will always listen to what I have to say, they know exactly where I want to go and what I want to do at any time of the day and they will always agree and come with me !

I have to disagree with this too! I always wear thongs and I can report that they don't always want to go where I want to go. Sometimes I'm walking along and my foot takes a step and my shoe stays on the ground. (This happened once trying to get out of a large sporting stadium amid a crush of people and my friends (all male) berated me for not wearing sensible shoes )

Also I dunno what type of shoes you wear, but my shoes would take it VERY personally if I started throwing them around. They'd get dinted and blemished possibly break.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:58 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
Sorry to deviate from the subject somewhat, but as I stated in my previous Sig Pic...TRUE "unconditional love" does exist.

That was my favourite sig on Ironworks Cerek [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Back on topic, I've asked the missus and she says "blah" to shoes. her PJ's are another thing however [img]smile.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-21-2003, 04:15 AM   #10
Masklinn

LOL@Aelia