Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-13-2000, 08:40 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I have become compulsive about answering messages. I answer messages to question for which I haven't even the foggiest notion of what I did and how. I believe it is the responsibility of all us posters to see that I really don't mess anyone up by my over zealous desire to be helpful!

So when you see a number in the replies column on a subject you know well, POST A REPLY!!!

I shall now attempt to change class to a monk, run around naked for two days and try to chant mantras to correct the error of my ways. mooooooo (that can't be right!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2000, 08:56 PM   #2
RavenW

Are we starting a new thread, this one on the Wyvern School of Replying to Threads??

Just kidding, and don't sell yourself short Wyv, sometimes even if you don't know the answer right away, you at least start us thinking about possibilities that we may not have thought of before.
Old 11-13-2000, 09:01 PM   #3
xenotoca

A monk eh!!!!!!!!!!!!

was that you I saw running around in the serpant temple with one of the idols.
Old 11-13-2000, 09:07 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well this is just too frustrating!
RAVEN I know you are online and I even know that you have spent at least some of your time here posting but when I yell YAHOO you don't reply!

Xenotoca, not sure - what did the idol look like??

Wyv
Old 11-13-2000, 09:23 PM   #5
Gudy

Wyv - (is that prounounced Wif? ) j/k. Thanks for your help on the tablets. You may not have all the answers, but it is real frustrating to not get a reply at all. I am not sure how this works on timing of posts - but I have had to log off and on to see new posts. It doesn't change while I stay in Forum.

Remember - 'That which does not kill us makes us Stronger'
Old 11-15-2000, 04:07 PM   #6
dcch

Gudy~ no need to log on and off.. just hit the REFRESH button on your browser~

dh
Old 11-15-2000, 05:00 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Is there someway I can reply and NOT push this thread back up to the top - oh - oh well!

I have a friend who has known me as Wyvern for better than 15 years or so. She pronounces it Wivern or calls me Wivvie. I've always thought it was pronounced Why Vern? but who knows?

Gudy, I know how it feels to go looking for help and have nobody even acknowledge your plea. I'm not as good as Regis or Astyanax at recalling the details but sometimes all you need is just a little prod to solve the problem. The first game I ever played was Asylum for PC and there was no help to be found anywhere and back then there weren't a lot of anywheres to search for help. Took me ages to finally solve that game. It's so much better now that there are so many places to find help!

Wyv
Old 11-19-2000, 02:45 PM   #8
DragonLady

I always said Wyvern as (Way Vern)
Its a cool name and by the way Vern hehe
You are always very helpful and we really love your willingness to help us!!!
Do you work as a tester or what ???
Old 11-19-2000, 04:53 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Glad to learn that I'm of help now and then!

No, I'm not a tester. Just a long time computer gamer. I used to write a lot of walkthrus but I really don't have the time or inclination to do so these days. Posting here is fun so self rewarding just for that!

Wyv
Old 01-03-2001, 05:52 PM   #10
ozzbod

Must say, there are a number of names that do pop up regularly with very helpful tips and an obvious joy in sharing their interest in these PC games. Wyvern is one and mentions a number of others, Davros is another and from what I can gather a fellow aussie and cricket fan (Lillie, Lillie, dont mention underarm, I am in NZ at the moment!!)

My first intro to computers was punch cards (dont laugh its true)!!! then Atari, but only discovered role playing games last year and fell in love (thought computers were just for work!). Though very raw and inexperianced am I, forums like this are an absolute joy to find, helpful, fun and amusing, love the faux pas threads (LOOK cobber I can speak the lingo!!)

So cobbers, keep up the good work, and those of us coming through the ranks now, will hopefully follow in your foot steps lead by your example, and pass on our knowledge and guidance to those that come after us and share this joy.

By the way, anyone have any recommendations for other games when it come to role playing games? I have seen Baldurs Gate played, looks good but I think I prefer the up close and personal approach that W&W has and I think I prefer moving my team around with arrows rather than the mouse, this old bush pig can only learn so many new things at once!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie oui oui oui!!!!