Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 AM   #41
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The lanky human strode into town once again, looking no better for the night spent in the barn. He sneezed once, then twice, and finally stopped to rub his face vigorously to rid it of loose bits of hay and dust. "Should know better than to sleep in a barn..." he muttered.

His steps brought him to the blacksmith's shop, and he paused for moment to brush loose straw from his clothes before walking inside.

"Greetings, blacksmith. I was hoping to purchase some supplies, and perhaps learn a thing or two about this town, if you have a moment. In particular, where a warrior might find an opportunity to put his well-honed skills to good use."

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #42
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

Vindson turned to look at the newcomer, who had come into the smithy, uninvited. He had interrupted him when he asked Kasimno to take the package to the Locke's.

"This is the smithy. Could you go round the building to the front, to the shop? I'll be there in a few minutes, just need to finish off here." - he said amiably.

He turned back to Kasimno, handing him the letter.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #43
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

"Sorry to interrupt," Pandaros said as he backed out of the smithy. He walked around to the shop side of the building and began to examine the craftmanship of the items on display.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #44
Keal

Kasimno
Kasimno took the prongs and went to work with Vindson for the two hours until it wqas finally finished,"Looks nice."

Kasimno nodded and went off to Locke Manor. He thought about taking a peak a few times this could be what I was so excited about but he decided to do what he was told and knocked on the Locke's door.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #45
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Kasimno:

The time was very early in the morning. It was still too early for the Locke Brothers to even be at work, but they did have a butler who definately made sure to be available for such a time as this. The door was knocked on and he walked over to it and opened it, and was greeted by Kasimno.

"Good morning young Sir. May I help you?"
Old 12-21-2005, 11:25 PM   #46
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Ariella Moonbow

The early morning sun is softened by the mist which sits over the waters of the tarn. The hour of birdsong has arrived and the calls of birds begin to sound within the trees at water’s edge. Gliding in time to the music of the smaller birds a large swan approaches the rocky bank of the tarn just below the woodcutter’s dwelling. Reaching the rocks the swan steps out of the water and stands unmoving within a bright patch of sun. A moment later a woman, tall and slender, stands upon that very spot of sun-warmed stone. Her garments are of muted green and brown colors, sturdy and serviceable, and a quiver of arrows is slung over her shoulder. In her left hand she holds a bow made of reddish brown wood.

She glances warily about and then steps cautiously forward having noted that something is not right about the treeline near the trail that leads to the small plot of land where the woodcutter makes his home.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 PM   #47
Keal

Kasimno
"Yes sir, um, could you take this to Mr. Simon Locke for me, its importantI thinkthanks." Kasimno replied as he turned away from the house and returned to the shop.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #48
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

After Kasimno left, carrying the letter Vindson added a finishing touch to the armor, and then after closing his workshop walked to the front of the smithy, where Pandaros was waiting for him.

He saw the young man examining the items on display, most of which were weapons, with a chainmail or two among them. Making other types of armor in advance wasn't easy, as they had to be fabricated precisely to the body of the wearer.

"So, what can I interest you with? Care to come in to have a look, while you tell me?" - he asked, while at the same time he unlocked the door to the shop, revealing a surprisingly well lit interior. Swords lined the far wall Pandaros could see.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:18 PM   #49
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Simon Locke

The butler brought the confidential letter straight to Simon, who was having his morning breakfast across the table from his older brother Edward.

Simon scanned the document that read:

"Dear Simon,

The work you asked for has been done, and your man can collect it whenever he wants it.

Vindson.

"It would seem that our good friend Vindson Gharan has come through for us on the request we made of him.
I shall be sending Durston Shacal to see him promptly.
"

Simon took up a writing plume and wrote a small note to his secretary.

Please send 4,000 gold to Vindson Gharan the Smith.
The usual two guards will do.
Also inform our guest Mr. Shacal that he is to make ready his business.

Simon Locke

[ 12-24-2005, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-27-2005, 02:41 AM   #50
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever walked through the East gate into the town of Lockesville.

After his preliminary scouting mission and rooftop sleep the night before, he'd decided that it was now time to formally announce his arrival. Shortly before sunrise, he'd hiked the shadows a short distance out of town. When it was bright enough, he cut back to the main road and walked, unconcealed, back towards Lockesville. If any passed him along the way, it would help to verify his story. But no one did.

He stood now at the gate with the pub to his left and a small building to his right - the Smithy's residence, according to the map provided by his employer. To any who viewed him, a weary traveller adorned in a tattered brown peasant's robe wouldn't arouse much suspicion. On the other hand, his dark coloured thief's armour and equipment probably would. But the story he'd conjured made allowance for that. Hells, there was quite a lot of room to breathe with this story - half of it was going to be truth.

Turning towards the tavern, he decided it was time to get the story moving. He needed some sort of temporary employment whilst he gathered intelligence for his mission. He also needed a meal. Any reasonable drinking establishment should provide him opportunity for both.

At first glance, the tavern interior was on par with everything he'd previously viewed in Lockesville - nice. It was still too early in the morning for most drinkers, but a few patrons were present nonetheless. Taking a seat at the bar, he noted the absence of one in particular. None present could be him.

"The tavern, fool." Yeah, right. Clown.

The barkeep wandered over with a questioning look. Even with his early morning trek, Sever was fresh and awake and he conveyed this adequately in his speech.

"Good morning, sir. My name is Sever. I've just now arrived in this pleasant town and i hope that you may be able to help me with two things. Firstly, some breakfast."

Sever placed 5 drakes on the bar.

"I hope this should be enough. I'm not fussy. After days on the travel rations, anything that comes from the kitchen will be fine with me.

"Secondly, i wonder if you may be able to steer an out-of-work thief towards some honest, above-the-boards employment."

Sever placed another 5 drakes on the bar.

"Tell me, good sir, is there any adventuring to be had in Lockesville?"
Closed Thread