Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2001, 05:45 AM   #1
jriis

Hi

I just bought Icewind Dale and HoW. Could anyone guide to to the right party combination i.e. Ranger, Paladin...etc. ?

Thanks
Old 11-24-2001, 06:22 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well, everybody has an opinion about this, so youd better try to know what you like most (the main choices are fighting or casting).

I would suggest a party composed of 2-3 fighter types (that is, fighter, ranger or paladin), a theif, a cleric (or ranger dualed to cleric), and a mage. If you use only 2 fighter types, i strongly recommend you to use a ranger/cleric instead of a plain cleric, to have another tank in your party, and then add another mage type (a fighter/mage or a cleric/mage).

PARTY A..............PARTY B
Fighter..............Fighter
Paladin..............Paladin
Ranger...............Ranger/cleric (dualed or multi)
(Ranger/)Cleric......Thief
Thief................Mage (conjurer)
Mage (conjurer)......Support mage (bard, cleric/mage, fighter/mage)

Anyway as i said many people will disagree with this, its all about personal preferences [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 11-24-2001, 12:14 PM   #3
Mel
The Magister

I just started today so I don't actually know if this party will work too well but I haven't been doing too badly.
My group is:
Paladin
Ranger
Cleric
Thief
Bard
Mage

It's got a bit of everything and my cleric is fairly good fighter. Like I said, it's worked for me so far(which admittedly hasn'tbeen very long)
Old 11-24-2001, 09:43 PM   #4
Alaric
Manshoon

My party consisted of the following -

1) Paladin (Human)
2) Figher (Dwarf)
3) Cleric/Mage (Half-Elf)
4) Dual Classed Thief/Mage (Human)
5) Ranger (Elf)
6) Druid (Elf)
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote