Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-26-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
The Dragon Reborn
Dungeon Master

I am on my first time through BG1 and I have some questions

1. My party consists of Me mage
Imoen
Jahiera
Khalid
some elven ranger
and Ajantis
Is this a good party?

2. I have made my way to Ulgoths Beard and have paid for a tour of Durlax tower. Is there any hard fights hear for my 4-5 level party.

3. What are some good magical items/weapons/armor that I can buy for my party with around 10,000 gold.
Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:57 PM   #2
Mel
The Magister

Well first things first. Good luck.
1. Sounds okay to me. I don't like dual classed characters and I can't stand Jaheira anyway but that's just me. If you've got to fourth/fifth level with that group you'll probably be okay for the rest of the game.

2. YES!!!!!!!! I wouldn't dare go to Durlag's tower without a sixth/seventh level party. BUT, you can always go in and then come back out again if it get's too tough.
Where exactly in the game are you? Coz I'd advise being almost at the end before starting anything in the expansion.

3. Ummm. Good question. Can't think off hand. The crossbow of speed and shadow armour might be a good idea. Other than that, just the best armour your characters can use and some nice destructive spells for your mage.

Have fun!

P.S- guessing by the name that you're a Robert Jordan fan. Very good taste
Old 08-26-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Greetings, Dragon Reborn!

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!

Here are a couple of sites you may want to "check out".

The first one is Arundor's Adobe and has some of the absolute BEST non-standard weapons, armor, rings, cloaks, and spells for the game.

http://arundor.cjb.net/

The second is one of the most thorough "walk-through" sites available. Not only will it tell you every possible Quest (and the various outcomes you can expect, depending on your choice of responses). It also lists the location of several secret items in the game.....a couple of which would come in real handy with your party. It can be found here.

http://www.pottsland.com/baldur/