Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Tacked Note It's come to this: Selling Forgotten Realms novels

I find myself in a position I never thought I'd be in, needing money bad enough to need to sell my prized possessions. My Forgotten Realms novels. I collected them religiously, even after I was married, but my reading slowed down and then all together stopped. I stopped collecting after the Spellplague happened, though I hear that the 2nd Sundering has brought the old deities back or something...anyway, some of the books I have were never even read and still in mint condition.

There are some I cannot part with, no matter how much money is offered...such as Icewind Dale, the first book I ever read that brought me into the world of fantasy, set up the path that led me to Baulder's Gate game on PC and subsequently Ironworks!

If any of you are collectors of the novels and have an interest in one of the books I have, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I am willing to part with it. I'll give anyone on IWs first shot before my wife starts selling them all on eBay!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: It's come to this: Selling Forgotten Realms novels

I feel your pain. Parting with books is horrible...

I sit really worth selling them? How much are you selling them for?
Old 06-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: It's come to this: Selling Forgotten Realms novels

Same here Larry, I stopped reading just around the time the Spellplague happened..or chronologically it might have been 1375 which is the date of the last trilogy I read (the Last Mythal Daemonfey trilogy). The drastic changes they made with the Spellplague drove me away. I've thought many times of going back but there's way too many changes for me to get a grip on and apparently the timeline jumped 100 years and most of the characters I grew up with and knew were dead). But I still have my books!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote