Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you choose a 'vertical seat' for a short-haul flight at a discount price?
Yes 4 16.67%
No 20 83.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #11
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Default Re: Would you be willing to stand up in a plane flight for a lower price?

Seems too much like an extension of the thing where they're going to try to charge extra for "pre-boarding" or carry-on baggage with some airlines here.

I already hate flying now (it started to get sucktastic about circa 2000), and I'd never pay to stand on an airplane flight. As it is, if it's a "short flight" I can probably just as well drive to my destination in the time it takes to clear airport security and wait for the plane, collect my belongings, and get transported to the final destination. If it's a long flight, I'd tell them to book me on a flight with a proper seat, as there is just no way in hell I'd stand for 4+ hours on a plane.

I did the math once on a flight from Seattle to San Francisco (leaving the house, transport to the airport, check-in, waiting on the plane, the plane ride itself, getting transportation to my destination) vs. driving there (get in the car, drive for a while stop for gas and restroom, arrive at destination), and time-wise it was the same start to finish. Cost-wise the drive was cheaper, more convenient, and a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Okay, I *may* have veered slightly off track there.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Default Re: Would you be willing to stand up in a plane flight for a lower price?

It is just a marketing excercise

also so many avaition laws would have to be rewritten it would make your head spin.

not going to happen.

and lets not even start on the lack of safety and medical issues

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Would I fly standing up for 1-2 hours, if it meant paying less than 10 bucks for the whole thing? Abso-friggin-lutely. As long as it's passing all the safety regulations, I think this would be a fantastic idea, so us poor students could make budget flights and actually see places while we're young!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Maybe it's just me but I see the picture and think that it's an awful way to stand as it is not standing straight. It can be quite uncomfortable to stand like that after several minutes nevermind several hours.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote