Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Tacked Note Volothamp's Comeuppance is going offline

Yahoo! GeoCities is closing, and because I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't feel like going & getting a credit card just so I can pay a new host, Volothamp's Comeuppance is going down with it. The site will remain in place until Oct. 26. I'll probably buckle down and buy hosting eventually, but only after I give the entire website a full rewrite--and that could take quite a while, so don't hold your collective breath.

Until then, if you're one of those poor unfortunates who actually visit Volothamp's from time to time, your best bet is to save individual pages (the ones you use, I myself consult the various Tables fequently) to your own computer. Just right-click anywhere on the background of a page, say "View Source" and then in the new window, go to File and say "Save" > "HTML Source" and specify a filename.

The front page of the site, if you're at all interested:
http://www.geocities.com/sixospades/bg/bgguide.htm
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Volothamp's Comeuppance is going offline

Sorry to see it go, and I look forward to it's phoenix-like reappearance. How's the modding going?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, it looks like by the end of October, the site will move to Pocket Plane instead, so if it does actually go completely offline, it won't be for long. Yay! The phoenix-like update will probably happen by the end of the year.

The modding, as I'm sure you've noticed, is progressing slowly, but it is progressing. Right now I'm having some difficulties with the Disillusioned's Grenades, but I'm sure to work it out eventually.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Rockstar
Zhentarim Guard

It's a great site. keep it alive! Good job six of spades
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
Maj
Drow Warrior

I love your website Six of Spades. The tables are useful and the page about stats is always helpful when I'm rolling my stats for a new character (before reading your guide I didn't know where to place stats except the obvious ones like Intelligence being important for a mage). I also gave a link to your website to a friend of mine who bought the game after I boosted about how it was the best game ever. She was struggling and I knew it would be safe for her to read your guide because it doesn't include spoilers (I really hate spoilers).

I've saved a few of the pages just in case but I'm glad the site isn't going to be down for too long.

The guide says, "You're not going to beat the game with the first character you create, nor even with the tenth." but I did beat the game with my first character!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

{salutes}
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Anyway, the site is now hosted at Pocket Plane, please update your bookmarks (if you have them) to this address:
http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp

The site exists in a sort-of oldish/newish (mostly oldish) sort of amalgam right now, not unlike a bowl of good turnip soup that's been allowed to sit out for a week. So a couple of the pages are completely rewritten & optomized for a 1024 x 768 screen resolution, the others are somewhat out-of-date and scaled for 800 x 600. This Flesh-Golem-like state will persist until I finish revamping the whole site, which should be around the turn of the year or so.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's good to see you're still modding in the community, Six. Got anything interesting up your sleeves for the near future? I'm almost tempted to dust off my old CDs and re-install BG2.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It's good to see you're still modding in the community, Six. Got anything interesting up your sleeves for the near future?
Well, Volothamp's is only HTML, not modding, but yeah, I do have a Version 2 of my Kitpack coming . . . eventually. As least Volothamp's is moving along on schedule: I still expect to be done by the end of the year, maybe we'll all get a strange digital Christmas present.

Thanks for the positive feedback, all of you . . . although, since I've been spending the past month going back over what I wrote several years ago, what strikes me most is how embarassingly bad a lot of it is. It's, ah, a little bit improved now.