Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Exclamation Diablo 3 is coming! *And to Ironworks Forum*

Go here and freak:

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

I can't wait. The graphics engine looks amazing. Reminds me of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II kinda.. VERY nice!
The only bad thing about 1 and 2 was the lack of quests/rpging and such. It was mainly a hack and slash.

But Blizzard going into making D3, with all their knowledge with World of Warcraft.... man, some good stuff could be coming guys. D3 could really revitalize the RPG industry. We NEED that!

I'm getting a Diablo III Forum going soon! We'll have a huge influx of new users with that!
We can share character builds, item drops, what the gem/rune/etc combos do....

This is the first CRPG I'm excited about in a while.... that's sad. The witcher was cool, but buggy.
We KNOW Blizzard is hardcore about making a good performance game engine too. So there's hope!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:19 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Diablo 3 is coming! *And to Ironworks Forum*

I actually never played the first two, even though I'm itching to play the second now that I've heard news about the third. I'm more excited to hear some news about Starcraft II from Blizzard within the next two days during their summit though. It should be an interesting couple of days!

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I KNOW! My god, a NEW Starcraft and a NEW Diablo?!?!?! It's gonna be a FUN time soon!
You know Blizzard is just swimming in money, and this will just allow them to swim deeper! (and make MORE kick ass games!)

Man.... Diablo brings back fun co-op days.. I remember getting my friend to buy a 14.4K *MODEM* to play Co-op in Diablo looooong ago. hehe..

Now, if a new beginning for Baldur's Gate would happen.... *sighs* Hey, you never know!!

BTW, now we won't see "Diablo killer" for other games. Diablo 3 is the diablo killer. Watch the in-game movie. AMAZINGLY cool. Its true 3D, but I dunno if you can rotate the camera. no worries there though. If it came with a game editor, and make mods, that would be even cooler....

D3 and the new Starcraft games will be #1 sellers!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

ahhhh its going to be so amazing!

Just look at that graphics, its so good and so..so..diablo ! haha man..I wanna be a barbarian..ultra mega stomp. and witch doctor seems interesting. but the best part is that you can interact with the environments- like make walls fall on enemies and throw tables and break them etc soounds fun
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:10 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

May wanna hold off on D3 forum, Starcraft 2 was announced like a year ago and nothing yet. Blizz love to announce expansions years early... Also I amn't thrilled about their RP creativity...that was more Biowares area. Diablo was basically hack n slash. Think about it, WoW has virtually no dialogue choices in NPC interaction, you just get a quest and complete it and then get xp. I am more so looking forward to Dragon Age for RP stuff. They've even touted it as "The spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate".
Old 06-29-2008, 04:41 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
May wanna hold off on D3 forum, Starcraft 2 was announced like a year ago and nothing yet. Blizz love to announce expansions years early... Also I amn't thrilled about their RP creativity...that was more Biowares area. Diablo was basically hack n slash. Think about it, WoW has virtually no dialogue choices in NPC interaction, you just get a quest and complete it and then get xp. I am more so looking forward to Dragon Age for RP stuff. They've even touted it as "The spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate".

Yeah, I do hope D3 has more RPG aspects. And OH YEAH, I am waiting for Dragon Age, but it seems to be vaporware as of now--it's been like 5 years since they announced it, BUT they usually keep pretty quiet until release on games. (I Hope it comes out soon). But the engine from 5 years ago sounds bad.. They may have had to redo the engine. I'll look into DA and see whats up. I still HATE the fact EA absorbed them. ugh....

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Sweeet. The 4 games I am looking forward to are Guildwars 2 Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and Dragon Age...though its been a while since I have heard any thing about that.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:49 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-D-C View Post
Sweeet. The 4 games I am looking forward to are Guildwars 2 Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and Dragon Age...though its been a while since I have heard any thing about that.
Same here man... GW2 will have a new engine right? Can't wait for everyone of them! I just hope they don't all get released the same month..or months. Money is tight.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #9
Bumbus
Dungeon Master

I really enjoyed playing the first two Diablo games and I am anticipating have just as much or more fun playing the 3rd. I am actually glad to here it will be awhile before it comes out; I have stopped buying computer games. The last 3 I bought ran really poorly or not at all on my computer, so no more until I get a new one.

Does Blizzard make console games, or are any of their games converted to the PS or Xbox’s?
Old 06-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Good to see you excited by a new game Ziroc, NWN2 was not something that made you jump up and down

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote