Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
Keal

Default Is WoW worth it?

I have a lot of friends who pay(ed) WoW but I don't know muchy about it, Is it like a suped up version of runescape? That's what I get the jist of anyway.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Is WoW worth it?

LOL, runescape is a far cry from what WoW is. It is an MMO yes, but a great one (if not the best one). There is nothing fundamentally different about it when compared with the common aspects of all MMO's, but it blends these aspects perfectly, lending it the success it enjoys on the no. 1 spot.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yes.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Yes.
..That could mean that "Yes it is worth it," or "yes it is a suped up version of runescape".

In all honesty, WoW has got to be one of the best MMO's ive played... and ive only played RS and WoW.... lol.

Get the trial version, if you dont like it meh.. If you do then you can use the account you created to make the actual account. You can download the game for free at Worldofwarcraft.com but 4.4g is a big DL.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by burnzey boi; 03-01-2008 at 10:06 AM.
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Good advice there, try that trial.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

WoW is amazing, though I'm not sure how much I'd like start playing it now, assuming all of your friends who play it are already a higher level. It can be frustrating to rely on bad players at low levels as you struggle to reach your friend's level.

That being said, I very much enjoy the game play at level 70, with the arena being much more fun than any other Player vs. Player aspect of any game that I've ever played.

To call it a better version of Runescape could be true, but then again, which MMO isn't? In WoW, there are:

A) MUCH better graphics.
B) A PvP system that doesn't suck.
C) Skill, instead of dumb luck.
D) Quests that actually reward you for doing them.
E) People who can actually form coherent thoughts.
F) Instances and other group-only aspects of the game that encourage teamwork rather than mindless solo-grinding.
G) Diverse gear, instead of having everyone running around in the same highest-end armor
H) Um... buttons instead of just clicking on EVERYTHING?

I could go on, but you get the gist of it. WoW is awesome, I recommend it if you can reach your friends' level without getting bored.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

For only USD15 (depending on your local currency of course ) per month. It's a cheap source of entertainment. Since the game has the lure to make you play it for 24/7 (I kid you not), you'll be saving a lot of money in a sense that you won't be spending hundreds of bucks buying single player games, movie tickets, hooker fees etc etc etc.....
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

It is and it isn't worth it. It's a great game. It's also highly addictive, even for video games. So, if you are the type who can let games grab hold of you, tread softly.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
For only USD15 (depending on your local currency of course ) per month. It's a cheap source of entertainment. Since the game has the lure to make you play it for 24/7 (I kid you not), you'll be saving a lot of money in a sense that you won't be spending hundreds of bucks buying single player games, movie tickets, hooker fees etc etc etc.....

I agree with this - I've actually spent way less money on other things since I got WoW.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
WSBoaBoa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keal View Post
I have a lot of friends who pay(ed) WoW but I don't know muchy about it, Is it like a suped up version of runescape? That's what I get the jist of anyway.
Download the trial and give it a shot as its free to try out. Personaly I think they have dumbed down the game to appeal to the masses. This in itself is not bad from a marketting stand point however it does tend to attract alot of really bad players, its so easy to level up. All I can say is beware of PUGs (pickup groups) also the bantor that goes on in public general channels is childish to say the least...
WSBoaBoa is offline   Reply With Quote