Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Jani
Dungeon Master

Mad

THE time of the year when is not possible to have a taxi in a decent time, all clubs, bar and joints are full and city districts are corroded. How good can this get? Saturday evening and about to leave to the next head messing session.

Do you people around the globe have the "I´m teen again" season that we have here in my freezing cold country home country? The only time of the year you allowed to ged loaded without fellow citizens moralizing about it. When you supposed to catch a cold and take a day off. Have THE hangovar and laugh for it.

Ahhh... the days. And then it´s new year x)

Jani
Jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yeah, Christmas Time is big in the U.S., Jani. The problem is that in early November, right after Halloween, they begin playing Christmas songs! Ahhhhhhh! If I was President I'd make it a law that NO Christmas song is allowed to be played until after our national holiday of Thanksgiving (every fourth Thursday of November). It's almost as if we have forgotten Thanksgiving all together. By the way, I am no Scrooge! I love Christmas, but the saturation has become waaayyy too much.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:19 AM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

*sighs*

thanks for reminding me.
I have a work party to attend to tomorrow.
my manager INSISTS I will be attending. meaning ironing of my suit, brushing dust off my shoulders, and finding my good shoes for a host of people I don't really give two cents over. yay. at least we eat first.

pity the food is probably going to suck.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:
*sighs*

thanks for reminding me.
I have a work party to attend to tomorrow.
my manager INSISTS I will be attending. meaning ironing of my suit, brushing dust off my shoulders, and finding my good shoes for a host of people I don't really give two cents over. yay. at least we eat first.

So how long do you have to stay? I'd leave as soon as I could.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
Brayf
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:
at least we eat first.

Hahaha, the determined pessimism there is hilarious.
Brayf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Get your boss drunk, set him up with his attractive secretary. THis is the important bit: Take pictures. Then, a month or two after the party, show him the pictures, lean forward and whipser "busted".
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Christmas is over a month away [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
Yeah, Christmas Time is big in the U.S., Jani. The problem is that in early November, right after Halloween, they begin playing Christmas songs! Ahhhhhhh! If I was President I'd make it a law that NO Christmas song is allowed to be played until after our national holiday of Thanksgiving (every fourth Thursday of November). It's almost as if we have forgotten Thanksgiving all together. By the way, I am no Scrooge! I love Christmas, but the saturation has become waaayyy too much.
AMEN!! I hate it when they start doing Christmas before November starts...I will not purchase anything in a store if they have already started doing Christmas stuff - I have pulled out of Best Buy or Barnes and Nobles (ummm electronic store and book store for those that don't have 'em) leaving a couple hundred clams of stuff due to them playing holiday music early...then again, it could be the fact that I'm the Grinch..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:16 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I just found out that I'm on the 'commitee' that will plan our christmas party. Oh joy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:32 PM   #10
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I just found out that I'm on the 'commitee' that will plan our christmas party. Oh joy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, in my mind, the best party is no party. Make them show up to work, and "bah humbug" them if they demand rest.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote