Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 01:09 PM   #91
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
I'm one of those that likes the smell though... Weird though it may be...

I have family in Yorkshire...
And I'm sure it smells the same as are Lancashire Brew...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #92
spydar

Calgary, Alberta

but recently it was Gautemala and Belize (YAY for travelling!), just got back a week ago
Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #93
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

If I say then anyone wanting to find out where Q`alooaith lives just has to stumble onto this thread and see this post.

Yea, I use it everywhere, so anyone I know can buzz me easly.

Coventry

[ 06-16-2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Q'alooaith ]
Old 06-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #94
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
About 15-20 min away from Sir G
Well, probably more like 40 minutes by the time you get over Calgary Trail(Or whatever it's called now. Isn't it the Queen Elizabeth Parkway or something?). [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:46 AM   #95
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

England for me, in sunny Oxford at the mo.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:07 PM   #96
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TiliaLyn:
[img]smile.gif[/img] Usually cow manure in Vermont Callum, but close. It's really bad when they spray with chicken crap. Nasty. Can you tell I live close to farms?
You know, as bad as the manure smell is, I always love the smell of silage, course I'm from Emmett Idaho (it's near Boise), trasnplanted by the army to humid, muggy Central PA.

(Funny thing about that, one guy I went to school with for my MCSE said PA is Pittsburg on one end, Philedelphia on the other, and Alabama in the middle, I had to disagree because southerners are so much more friendly than anyone close to the New England area)
Old 06-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #97
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

to be honest i keep my location vague online for reasons.

#1 my yahoo profile says where i am and while nathan was in the army sleazy men would im me for cyber sex becuase they thought i'd be lonely cause if my hubby is in the army he must be deployed.

#2 in the last year 2 pregnant woment were found through the internet and attacked in 1 successful, 1 unsuccessful attempt to steal their unborn children. being that i have been pregnant for 27 non consecutive months since dec 2001 i like hiding.

#3 i have kids. if i'm going to teach them not to tell ppl where they are, then i gotta live by it. also anyone seeing my adorable could just as easily want them as much as an unborn child.

#4 i grew up catholic and found the idea of limbo a bit disturbing. and i'm disturbed, so i'm there.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM   #98
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by mad=dog:
Humans are interesting creatures. We contain so many conflicts and contradictions that it often leaves me baffled. The most common is our dislike of changes and our demand for improvement. Both are mutually exclusive so we tend to go for the solution that is least discomforting.
Another one (which is in line of the subject at hand) is that we see both individualism and loyalty as virtues. Again a complete contradiction and by nature mutually exclusive.
Patriotism* is a result of loyalty. The faithful belief that the common cause that binds your nation together is superior. There is nothing wrong in that per se. However I see it as problematic when this is done at the complete expense of individualism. One must remain critical and responsible even towards ones own ideals. I do not see this as anti-patriotic as long as it is done out of love and respect for ones country. Some sort of balance needs to be maintained.

*EDIT: This is the most common use of the word by Americans. It can also be translated into love of ones country without any bonds of loyalty.
Another interresting question is what the patriots are loyal to. Their country, obviously, but what is that? Their government? Their friends and family? Their culture?

It's even more interresting when people of the same nationality call each other unpatriotic.

[ 06-17-2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]