Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2004, 09:47 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yes. Unless you want to wait for her to mature... and it may be a very, very long time.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:17 PM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
All I'm gonna say is: Holy Sh^t!! Man, a new car, at that! Damn, man, I don't know. I think everyone else has answered this, so I figured I'd just add to the momentous astonishment.

[ 07-03-2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 07-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #13
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm going to roughly parrot the general sentiment of this thread and say that her lack of appreciation for the incredibly generous gift you gave her shows an astounding cheapness of character on her part.

I think that giving is a gesture of fondness and appreciation, regardless of the monetary pricetag attached. And for her to not unconditionally accept and appreciate such a gesture in the context of love (I mean 'love' in general terms of a positive connection. Not necessarily in the wow, crazy, head-over-heels context [img]smile.gif[/img] ) in which it was given is just flat-out shallow.

That you are even taking the time to ask our opinion on this matter suggests that you have quite a forgiving personality. I for one would not brook such a disgusting display of ingratitude and selfishness for an instant.

*edit: typos [img]smile.gif[/img] *

[ 07-04-2004, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-04-2004, 02:51 AM   #14
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Agree with Mouse in this case!!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:32 AM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'd keep the car and trade HER in.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:38 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

She doesn't deserve you mate.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:44 AM   #17
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
I agree with Heiro. The fact that you haven't gotten rid of her already and have come to us for our opinion just shows that you must have some decent feelings for her. Maybe you talk about it and work something out, without it all ending horribly?
Old 07-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #18
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"Hey, honey, I bought you a brand new car!"
"Aw, I don't like the color."
*bang* Dead. Done.
Unless we are talking of a really hideous car that takes 30 on a hundred and looks like a banged-up Multipla cut your losses. It is beyond me how anyone can bitch to a giftgiver that they on't like the gift. And even go further, asking for a new gift by her specifications... I don't know, I don't have the entire story or stuff, but from the things you say you should definetly just move on.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

DUMP HER. Straight up, if you can afford to give her a car, you can afford to lose her and get a woman who'll really love you for who you are. A lot of people will appreciate the things you give them way better than she ever will.

Sorry but that's the harsh reality. That mere gesture shows a lot of things about the person. You are financially well-off, and you will have difficulty searching for a sincere person. If I were you i'd hide your wealth for a while... and then *Poof* oh! What an extra-added bonus to your relationship! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am in college, and most people would say I am all set for a relationship. Why? That is because I have a car. And my car is great to boot. Now the question would be "Would she go out with me if I didn't have a car?" Get the analogy? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take it easy... take a Sabbatical. hehehe
Old 07-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #20
Aerich
Lord Ao

Well, Animal, you've got some judgments to make.

On first reading, your post suggests your g/f is very shallow. However, give the incident a good think before you dump her (if it's not too late already [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Here's a few more things to think about.

1) Is it truly sulking? She could be mischevious or just pushing to see "how much you really love her".

2) I take it she was happy with the car for three weeks (an inference from your post). Did anything happen to her recently that would make her depressed/feel unloved by you?

3) What was her reaction when you first showed her the car? Did she like it then? Express her gratitude?

4) Has she ever done something like this before? Is this going to be a habit? Is her attitude in this instance reflective of her "normal" attitude?

If you answered "yes" to questions 1 & 4, ask yourself if you can stand that (long-term) in exchange for her other qualities.

Also, I second Mouse's simpler question. These questions are to help you discover whether A or B applies (if you need the help).