Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 03:56 PM   #1
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Got back way into dragon cave. Flipped lever. Delivered Elizabette's letter (went back to her later and she didn't even acknowledge it!) but then can't get past breathing beast of bronze. Thegame says perhaps there is another way round it? I don't see any. Any ideas how to get in??/

Si.
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 03:59 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You need Dragon Armor from the Stout Mines!

(and Elzabette never acknowledges that you've delivered the letter - pity)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 04:16 PM   #3
Conan

You need to go to the Stout mines first..on your way you must find the writ to let you in. You will find that on a burned up stout body in a pocket of cleared out woods. Another Barbarion...
Old 03-14-2001, 04:53 PM   #4
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Thanks, people
Already had the Writ but how the Hell are you supposed to KNOW these things, who SAYS in THE GAME you need to go to the Stout Mines before the Dragon Cave. Are you supposed to wander the the world guessing in the dark?

Mentally yours,
Si.

P.s Where's that bandit king, and werewolf who slew Ardibren?
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 05:30 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The werewolf should show up between the area where you found the writ and the area where you often find Jethil.

The Bandit King will have to wait until you get through the Dragon Spire.

Wyv

(and WE're the ones who tell you that you need to go to the Stout Mines first! )
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 05:37 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also: The Guild Quest sequences will sort of "point" you in a general direction as to what you need to do first, second, etc...

For example, in Ishad N'ha, you get quests dealing with the Serpent Temple, then with Shurugeon Castle. Then you get the Stout Mines Invitation delivery from the Warrior Guild. Then the next set of quests directs you towards the Northlands (Boogre Caves). Finally, you get the Colanth's Eye quest which is directed toward Dragonspire; indicating that's the last one you should do.

Just a general rule of thumb. Also: talk to the tavernkeep; he often has additional clues, although like as not you've already figured them out by the time he spouts them.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 06:22 PM   #7
Moni

A hint for you once you get the Dragon Armor and go back to Dragon Spire...

Stick to the left and get the lever behind the thing in your cursor and left click, like you are trying to grab it. I was getting fried repeatedly even with the dragon Armor (it just took a little longer to die LOL) until I did that. We slid right by and turned it off.

Wondered later if we turned it bvack on if we might get the quest to turn it off again lol but never did try.

; )
Moni
Old 03-14-2001, 07:04 PM   #8
slug
Manshoon

i once got by that thing without the dragon armor. i was loitering about the entrance when i got attacked by some shambling slags, i backed off a bit and got tangled in some cave crusts. with those two groups atacking me the machine forgot to spit fire. by the time the fire started back up, i was almost past it, i did get past and turned it off. i don't think such a thing can be counted on.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:41 AM   #9
Wutang
Manshoon

argh...this game really needs a better way to lay out quests. Until now I had no idea what I needed to get past the bronze beast or if it was a loop bug as I couldn't move very far into the cave.

At least the game could tell me that I needed some form of protection to go past the beast.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:09 AM   #10
Radek
Red Dragon

You do not need the armor [img]smile.gif[/img] You can Vanish past the bronze nonsense to the lever and click it. Then go back to the beginning of the passage and go to the lever again. This should fix a possible chaos in the game flags caused by possible clicking the lever "out of order". The bronze nonsense will go forward and back helplessly. That's all.

Notes:
1. The range of the Vanish spell seems to depend on your Sorcery skill. A zenmaster with Sorcery 14 will experience troubles because the spell will try to teleport him too far and it cannot do that [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] The bronze nonsense is not the only place where a zenmaster with Sorcery 14 will have problems with vanishing [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
2. The Vanish spell is the only possibility of getting into the dungeon for a solo omphaaz. An omphaaz cannot wear the Dragon Plate Mail.