Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-28-2004, 12:21 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The Curse is OVER Baby! YEAH! Amazing 8 game spread! Came back and won it all!!!! Wooooo hooooo!

The Planets aligned, thats why!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-28-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
That's right, Big Z!!! Go BO-Sox!! And yes, we finally get to stop hearing about the damn curse! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2004, 01:09 AM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Yes, now we get to hear about the team that BROKE the curse for the next few decades. I don't mind, that was a heckuva series against the Yankees, and they just blew away the Cardinals.

One of the commentators said that those guys have just added their names to the pantheon of baseball gods. Very true. Even guys like Damon and Bellhorn, who were so poor for most of the ALCS really redeemed themselves and contributed in a good way. And Manny's awful two errors are forgotten in the glow of the homer and outfield assist in Game 3 and the 17-game playoff hitting streak, and the World Series MVP.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:14 AM   #4
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can I get A HELL YEAH!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:23 AM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I did notice LOADS of wild pitches in this last game. I mean.. wow! And the cards main pitcher was throwing balls left and right, yet they didn't even have anyone warming up in the bullpen --way to late.

Awesome games though!! Still though, I LOVED the subway series a few years ago. Mets vs Yanks! THAT was one hell of an amazing set of games.. Wasn't it like 14 innings in the last game or something? Crazy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 10-28-2004, 01:43 AM   #6
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Heck yeah! Damon, with the grand slam and the 2 run homer Vs. the Yanks!!
Old 10-28-2004, 02:21 AM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

Part of the reason for "wild" pitches and balls was the strike zone, though. That umpire is notorious for calling a tiny zone. I noticed a few on the corners that I was SURE were strikes, as well as a few between the belt and the letters; I could have sworn that those were supposed to be called strikes.

That said, it didn't hurt Lowe much. How about him? He pitched the deciding games in the ALCS and the Series, never mind game 4 of the ALCS... and was great in each of them. He looks wild because his sinker has so much movement - I can only recall one pitch of his that got away from Varitek, and that was because they got their signals crossed - he was expecting a curve and got a high fastball. All of Lowe's movement is down in the zone, so Varitek sure got a workout back there tonight - although not as much as when he caught Wakefield for a couple innings in the ALCS - 3 passed balls in ONE inning!!

Marquis wasn't that bad for the Cards - he only gave up 3 runs in six innings, although he was in trouble for much of the night. A lot of blame goes to the Cardinal bats (or credit to BoSox pitching) - a pitcher can't win a game if his team doesn't score any runs.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:23 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Bah, all Red Sox fans should be banned until someone else wins the title again.

Old 10-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Bah, all Red Sox fans should be banned until someone else wins the title again.

And the other good thing (apart from Boston winning [img]smile.gif[/img] ) is all the sore and bitter Yankees fans who know how close they came to greatness and to keeping the curse alive . Games 4 and 5 of the ALCS saw the Sox on death row there a couple of times. How bitter it must be to the Yanks .
Old 10-28-2004, 06:32 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm not bitter, i just wish you a really bad indigestion tonight.