Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Default Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

For those with Nostalgia and fond memories... check out and pre-order at

http://www.baldursgate.com/

It will be on sale next month. They will then work on BG III
and possibly other Infinity Engine games like IWD.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Default Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK View Post
For those with Nostalgia and fond memories... check out and pre-order at

http://www.baldursgate.com/

It will be on sale next month. They will then work on BG III
and possibly other Infinity Engine games like IWD.
Really looking forward to this! Do you know if mods made for the original BG will work with the enhanced edition? I'm sure I could find out through some forum crawling, but it's getting late

Anyway, will for sure purchase my all time favorite game!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

From what I have read a LOT of the mods are incorporated along with the bug fixes etc. Also one of the main points to this enhanced version is to allow even more and easier modding for the games, they also have MANY of the people who developed the most popular mods working on the game with them.....so there is nothing I can see as a downside here...
Old 08-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Ok, BG2:EE is following closely on the heels of BG1:EE one report said it could be out before 2013 and the other said they are committed to releasing BG2:EE by 2013, Both games will use the Throne of Bhal Engine and all the character classes from BG2 and Kits are in BG:EE.....BG3 Will follow IF these two games are a success.

There will also be follow on DLC packs for the games after they release.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

I haven't preordered yet but I most likely will this weekend. I have already uninstalled my existing BG/TotSC in anticipation of this release. I have been reading the forums there, keeping an eye on the bug and effect fixes. There should be very few problems with the EE.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK View Post
Ok, BG2:EE is following closely on the heels of BG1:EE one report said it could be out before 2013 and the other said they are committed to releasing BG2:EE by 2013, Both games will use the Throne of Bhal Engine and all the character classes from BG2 and Kits are in BG:EE.....BG3 Will follow IF these two games are a success.

There will also be follow on DLC packs for the games after they release.
A BG3 would be an amazing surprise, let's hope it reaches enough success to warrant the development of a third title to the franchise. I will do my part by pre-ordering this weekend

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

You have plenty of time to pre-order--the ship date got moved from 18 September to 30 November. Although it is a shame to have to wait an extra month-and-a-half, the date of 30 Nov is the same day that the original Baldur's Gate was released back in 1998--BGEE will ship on the 14th anniversary of BG.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I've got to admit, I've been looking forward to this for months. I think I heard about it about half a year back and have been dancing side to side since. Though the actual information about what it'll be like and what actually constitutes 'enhanced' have been pretty thin on the ground from what I've seen. Fingers crossed....
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Go check out the forums for BGEE. When they say "enhanced" they mean tons of bugs fixed, previously-broken features now working correctly, new characters, new dialogue, new areas, with all the enhancements being applied to the BG2 engine.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Awesome. I'll definitely give it a try. Has there been an announcement on android release?