Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2002, 11:42 AM   #81
Grungi
Banned User

your joking surely?!?!?!?

they really dont teach that must history anymore? omg no wonder people have such ignorance of WWII and the like

IMO history is very useful to learn from and base alot on but dont judge people for what generations before did, ie dont insult me for what the british empire did to slaves in its history (on other forums i been called a slaver etc for what people did 100s of years before, hardly my fault) i think if everyone had a solid knowledge of history it would make things alot easier in current conversations

omg i still cant believe what your saying is true, so what are you taught in school history wise? just the founding fathers, important american events etc, kennedy assassination? martin luther king? that kinda thing? or not even that?
Old 12-16-2002, 11:45 AM   #82
MagiK

Grunji, I wish I were wrong for my own childrens sake, but unfortunately there is little in the way of History taught in US public schools, and what is taught is more often than not revisionist history to make things more politicly correct.

Old 12-16-2002, 12:16 PM   #83
Grungi
Banned User

certainly explains alot, and thats a sad statement on american education

is it like that in every state? history in england is compulsory till 14 then gcse choice to 16 or alevel to 18 i did both, but even at 14 i knew alot about ww1 & 2 and about history right from the dawn of time and dinosaurs up to present day, i thought it was one of those subjects like english and maths that every country like US and UK were taught, im truly shocked to learn its not even a minor part of the curriculum, still cant quite believe that
Old 12-16-2002, 01:44 PM   #84
MagiK

Not sure about every state or even every County, Grunji, but judging from my observations, it seems to be quite wide spread. History in my opinion is just as important as reading, writing and arithmatic. For oh so very many reasons.

In the last couple of decades I think the US schools have bee dumbing down the curriculem so as not to make the less intelligent students feel bad about not being a bright as others...some schools don't even really give you a grade any more. Just pass or fail, and no one ever fails.

Old 12-17-2002, 05:38 AM   #85
Grungi
Banned User

sad sad sad gah and yeah i agree history is incredibly important to better understand the present, maths and english are the two obviously most important as you gotta learn your language and manipulate numbers, but then i think geography, sciences, social studies (even in a small aspect and not the boring crap waste of time one thats sometimes used) and history come next

and its GRUNGI!!!! hard G not grungji or grunji or any of that GRUNGI [img]tongue.gif[/img] its a dwarven name and ill hack your knees off with a big ole axe if you keep callin me grunji as though im some kinda nirvana rip off [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 09:17 AM   #86
MagiK

So sorry good sir dwarf [img]smile.gif[/img] I shall attempt to remember that it is Grungi, though I can't say that I won't slip and call ya G-man or some such at times [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-17-2002, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 12-17-2002, 09:24 AM   #87
Grungi
Banned User

some people do call me g-man so that i can live with [img]tongue.gif[/img] just people constantly think its grungy , as i use it as the name for most of my chars in rpgs and i meet alot of people i played online games with they all call me grungy (even though i call em by their first names, some people tend to get stuck in the whole cos they know you online to call you by a nickname instead) and im constantly putting people right, no GRUNGI! hehe a proud dwarven name, grungy sounds like a goblin name, ill take me axe to ye fer callin me a goblin ;P i thought i was unique too till some git copied me, i been using it for 15 years or so, but someone copied me on a Mud i used to play (multi user dungeon) specifically to smear my name sad to say and then other people started using it off him and now i cant even use it to play online games anymore cos too many people seem to have it bah! now i gotta use eladriel which noone else has got thankfully (dont nick it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but thats more elvish and no not galadriel whose a female elf in lotr which again gets people confused so that men keep chatting me up, ah i cant win [img]smile.gif[/img]