Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-02-2000, 12:39 AM   #1
_max_RUSSKIE

HHHmmmm did you Hear Iced Earth's collaboration with Blind Guardian?

Demons & Wizards?

Come on now that is brilliant! The powerfull riffs of Iced Earth coupled with Blind Guardians harmonies.

Also i am a bit closed in here because evryone around me here is a rapper and id get shot wearing a leather jacket.

Old 12-02-2000, 02:05 AM   #2
Sulphur

Its just that I listen to a shit load of black metal and I think its fantastic while playing RPG's! If anyone is interested in my site please check it out. Interview with Fenriz from darkthrone has just been put up.

Old 12-02-2000, 07:18 AM   #3
_max_RUSSKIE

Hey your my man!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Emperor!!!! I also Have Septic Flech , Cradle of Filth, Dark Tranquility etc etc etc

Old 12-02-2000, 08:43 AM   #4
Sheogarath

As much as I love black/death metal, I actually find symphonic goth metal, like Tristania, more suitable to BG2. The eternal struggle between good and evil, where I'm desperatly trying to follow the good path while fighting the evil within. But that's just me, the freak that I am.

Old 12-02-2000, 09:11 AM   #5
Sulphur

Okay well I am more into trolsk black metal, being Darkthrone, Ulver, Arckanum, Ildjarn, Sort Vokter just to name a few. Emperor are good, 'In The Nightside Eclipse' was the first black metal album I bought. I have every Cradle of Filth CD but I still think they are crappy. And I have 2 Tristania albums but I must say taht anything after 'Widows Weeds' has little effect on me.

More Suitable to Baldur's Gate 2 is old Bathory or any of the Polish Bands, Thor's Hammer, Graveland, Veles or Thunderbolt, sort of epic tales.

Good to know that there are some BM's who are into this wild game! Hails to you's and check out my site!

Old 12-02-2000, 09:33 AM   #6
_max_RUSSKIE

Hhhm i did its bril.

I liked bgate1 for its dark undertones, much more so than bgate2.

Also i dont just like black/death Rob Halford Rocks!

Also Cannibal Corpse is good for a laugh.

I HOPE you Like one of my fav. groups :

Blind Guardian!

They have a good fantasy edge to them, Especially in the album Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

Old 12-02-2000, 10:15 AM   #7
Sulphur

Because you are so young I will forgive you for even mentioning Blind Guardian. There is a band called Summoning, who have been doing the fantasy Tolkien edge from before Blind Guardian learned to sing, and they are actually proper metal.

NP: Nocturnal Mortum - Goats Horns

Old 12-06-2000, 11:17 PM   #8
!Unknown!

I dl some of the Black Metal that you were talking about. Now Im addicted. Basterds. Great site by the way.

Old 03-28-2001, 03:17 AM   #9
Bolt Thrower
Welcomed New User

Black Metal rules!!! Though the genre is sort of dead, but metal itself is alive and well.

My current faves include:

TROLL
DIMMU BORGIR
TARTAROS
MYRKSKOG
GEHENNA
DODHEIMSGARD
ARCTURUS
GLOOMY GRIM
SIRIUS

If only there was more metal, and black metal in particular, in videogames. It is especially good for BG2.

Thanks for bringing up the issue.

BT
Old 03-28-2001, 05:47 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Sheeeesh... from what dank musty grave did you drag this thread up, Bolt Thrower?????
It brings back horrible memories of my teens when I was into BM

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia