Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2001, 05:13 AM   #1
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

OK- I give--- and desparately need some help...
Each time I lure him into the "right" room he changes into
something else.... Whats the secret....?????????
Any help much appreciated.....

Ladie Jas
Ladie Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 05:24 AM   #2
rodimus
The Magister

You can hack him away right where he stands, you dont need to lure him into the right room. He's a little bit tough, so prepare for a big fight, and use your fighters special abilities, greater whirlwind, and so on...
rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:19 AM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

First of all...Welcome to IronWorks Ladie!

As Rodimus mentioned, you shouldn't have to lure the demon anywhere. I simply summoned a bunch of Skeleton Warriors and Fire Elementals and hasted everyone. Released the demon, sent the summoned monsters into melee with the demon and proceeded to pound him with missile weapons, a couple of Lower Resistance spells, then magic missiles and chromatic orbs.

You also should have found a series of notes throughout the level that give you a clue as to how to beat the demon if you are lower level. He is susceptible to different elements depending on what his current incarnation is (he switches between fire, ice, normal, and slime). Each incarnation is susceptible to something. For instance, in ice form...he is susceptible to fire. Flame Arrow spell works wonders! Hope that helps!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:11 AM   #4
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

To rodimus and Throntar
Thanking you both for your prompt and courteous assistance to
my distress call...
I am off to do righteous battle.... I hope..!!

Ladie Jas
Ladie Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 03:35 PM   #5
Sothorious
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just kill him 'till he's dead...
Sothorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 07:43 AM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

killing him til hes dead... isnt that a bit of a loop?

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 05:54 PM   #7
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

I had minsc wield a flail that does major cold damage (i think gromnir had it) to the first form. Then I went to work on his Ice form with Fire Arrows (the other poster was right, these do HUGE damage), and Keldorn wielding the Firetooth +4 crossbow. Actually the demon never got a chance to change to any more forms... dead.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 10:51 AM   #8
homsuplee
Dungeon Master

How do you open all the laboratory doors ? I can't !!!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I have cleared out each of the main laboratories and the fan room, but I can't open the door from the fan room to the air room, nor can I open the room with the cold golems that connects to the slime library ! Help ! I have the air scepter, but that's only one out of 3 !
homsuplee is offline   Reply With Quote