Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-27-2000, 08:18 AM   #1
GREATBRUNO

I cant get the relic because i cant go through the lava;i lifted the swich hidden behind the crates but in the lava room the floor collapses too quickly and i burn each time; i dont have lavawalk skill yet;

is there any other way to do this?

please help.

Old 11-27-2000, 09:13 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Was that the switch/lever just south of the lava area? That is supposed to disable the trap and allow you access to the chest. Perhaps you should try switching it again?

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 09:17 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Another thought - have your character wearing the dragon armor lead, put in place all the protective spells you have (armor, merlin's shield) have them grab the chest (CARRY) and move out of there asap. Don't know if that will work any better - just trying to come up with ideas.

(Regis - interesting idea to see if you could put out the lava! )

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 09:17 AM   #4
GREATBRUNO

I switched a lever behind crates in a room nearby the lava pit; this lever makes the bridge up in the lava pit but it remains instable;

do you mean there is another lever elsewhere to fix the bridge stable ?

thanx for quick answer Wyv

Old 11-27-2000, 09:31 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I don't remember if there is another lever You probably got the right one but I was checking what it says in the strategy guide (not worth buying) and *it* says the lever is supposed to disable the trap. I had lavawalk when I did that area so I'm really foggy on the details. Maybe the other idea of carrying the chest out of there asap will help? Really hope so, not really fair to put a trap into the game that players really have little chance of solving without having to go off and do a lot of other things in an effort to gain one spell.

I'll keep my wings crossed for you!!

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 09:35 AM   #6
GREATBRUNO

Thanx a lot Wyv.

I try to look for another lever; does the strategy guide mention the one hidden behind crates in the room nearby ? I hope it is not the same because this one doesnt disable the trap but just lift it up the lava.

Old 11-27-2000, 10:52 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The strategy guide isn't written in a manner that I find helpful at all so it was a good thing I didn't get it until after I finished the game. I can't tell by the way it is written if the lever you found behind the crates is the same lever that they refer to as being south of the lava trap. W

Wonder if you could put crates and other things in the lava and climb on them to reach the chest??? That might work! or not - sometimes the game will not let you carry items into particular areas. (wonder how many hit points a crate has)

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 11:03 AM   #8
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hey Wyv,

I suggest that if my tiny, level 1 pixie wizard was able to smash open crates way back in the crypt, when she probably did more strain damage to herself swinging that thing like a fan than she ever registered on any skeleton, then the hit points levels of the crates are pretty darn slim. You never can tell however, they could be enchanted with 100% fire protection or something. Is that the time, I need some shut-eye before work tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2000, 06:05 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bruno -

Did you finally get it???

(still have my wings crossed)

Davros - I'm sure you must be correct about crate hit points but it isn't listed anywhere in the official strategy guide which is just additional proof that it wasn't worth the cost!

Wyv