Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-11-2001, 12:56 AM   #1
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

Is there some weapon in the game that is assembled from parts that are acquired separately? If so, what is it called, how is it made, and what are any notable features of it?
Old 04-11-2001, 01:50 AM   #2
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER (don't read unless you want to know the answers)
>
>?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
There are several items that can be assembled, and the pieces are put together by a Dwarf named Cromwell who is in a house in the east side of the Docks District. I'm no expert on these, but here a few of the items he can make if you bring him the parts (and some gold)

Short Bow of Gesan: made from a shaft, and the string found seperately:shoots lightning

Crom Faeyr: see page 224 of your manual: you need the scroll, gauntlets of Ogre power, girdle of Cloud? ginat strength, and the Hammer of Thunderbolts, raises your strength to 25!

Wave Halberd: seperated into the shaft and the blade also on p.224

Equalizer: divided into the blade, the hilt, and the pommel jewel(found early, hope you didn't miss it) also on p.224

Shadow Dragon Scale and Red Dragon Plate armors: the best of thier type, made with well, dragon scales.

Vorpal sword: made with the silver blade and hilt

There may be a few others. Look for posts on "Cromwell" and I bet you can find a lot more info. If you sell the stuff, don't worry, it should be rebuyable

You probably won't get these items for some time. It sounds like you are fairly new to the game, so if you want to cheat and get these item early, go to cheats page and get the "Shadowkeeper" program, it is invaluable if you don't quite "agree" with the rules.
Old 04-11-2001, 03:18 AM   #3
Lord Shield

Spoiler
One more comes to mind:
Mace of Disruption and Illithium

Old 04-11-2001, 03:25 AM   #4
BG2SOA

Speaking of weapons,I'm now in the underdark,and I'm wondering if I could use all the drow weapons that I find when I come out of the underdark,or can I use those weapons only in the underdark?

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-11-2001, 03:29 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I know this one! I know this one!

Drow weapons will turn to dust in sunlight - at least that's what I read sometimes in the tips you get at the game loading screen.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
Old 04-11-2001, 03:30 AM   #6
BG2SOA

You sure? Man I wanted to keep them,they look very cool.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-11-2001, 03:54 AM   #7
dafan

he's shoukd be sure thats the way it is anyay

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-11-2001, 04:23 AM   #8
BP
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I sold my Pommel jewel early on and i can´t remember who i sold it to...

Can you find it again somewhere? Because now i got the two other parts. AAARGH!
Old 04-11-2001, 06:03 AM   #9
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

If you use the console and give them to your character before or after underdark then they wont disintegrate because the trigger to disintegrate them happens when exiting the underdark.I thought mace of disruption was a one part weapon and illithium was only a quest item are you sure cromwell does something to them?

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 04-11-2001, 07:50 AM   #10
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

The illithium makes it a +2 mace of disruption.