Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 02:38 PM   #1
G.W.

I went to Keldorn's estate and he said he would settle the affair himself. I expected him to go kill the guy and there to be a quest to restore Keldorn the fallen paladin. But instead, the quest ended. I must have said the wrong thing. What happens if I say that we should visit or go kill the paramour?

Old 12-13-2000, 03:12 PM   #2
Ronn

I didn't do the "kill" option, I chose the visit bar option. Keldorn talks to the guy and realizes it's partly his fault for being away so much and you are given a couple of options. Set him free, give him a day off, etc... If you set him free, he is gone forever. I set him free because it seemed the right thing to do

Old 12-13-2000, 04:20 PM   #3
G.W.

It was not my choice to get the wife imprisoned, I tried to get him to talk to her and the choices dwindled down to kill him or take him to court. Sigh, I might have to reload a save because my conscience is not clear with his wife in prison and the paramour hung.

Old 12-13-2000, 04:32 PM   #4
Satyre

I consider myself a kind of benevolent therapist: If I cannot help an NPC to get over their problems I impliment a radical change in their lifestyle, usually by drastically shortening their life. If find this to be a generally pragmatic solution as it not only cuts down on their whining, which in turn cuts down on everyone else's suffering, but also lessens the suffering of the NPCs themselves.

HAHA!!!! Have at thee!

Old 12-13-2000, 05:08 PM   #5
fitz

I told him that I would go to court with him if he wanted, but he ended up leaving my party. Then I found him again later at the Radiant Heart (a changed man, but still a Paladin...just a bit more gloomy) and he joined me again. All that trouble just to have him go off on Viconia so bad that they both left my party and started going at each other in the tombs under the Graveyard. Despite my protests and attempts at calming the situation (hold person, charm person) I could not restrain either one of them. So, I had to take Viconias side (she was my lover) and kill Keldorn for starting the fight. I wasn't happy about it, though.

I actually found that episode to be one of the most entertaining twists in NPC interaction.

Old 12-13-2000, 07:35 PM   #6
Armisael

I visited the bar and talked the the old bloke. We had a chat, he bought us a couple of rounds, I let him off scott free, Keldorn went and spent the rest of his life with his wife and two daughters. They all lived happily ever after, except for me, who's now wondering where his next ale will come from. The end.

Old 12-13-2000, 09:40 PM   #7
G.W.

Did you get exp or reputation when you let Keldorn go home? What if you just gave him the day off?

Old 12-14-2000, 01:12 AM   #8
Bowmarc

Gday!

I have a problem, came onto this sie for that very reason. I told him he could go to court, and he said he'd be back in 3 hours...2 days later he still hasn't shown up where I can find him at The Radiant Heart. Where did you find him when he returned, and how long did it take, if you don't me asking? I'm pretty upset he's left, him being the best NPC warrior (not counting Minsc) and me being partial to the warrior's way...

Bowmarc

Old 12-14-2000, 02:07 AM   #9
Armisael

G.W., I got the experience, but I don't recall getting a rep boost.

Old 12-14-2000, 02:40 AM   #10
G.W.

He's loctated near the squire inside the temple.