Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 05:01 PM   #1
Jeanne

I have a quick question, my character is a thief and she just recieved her thieves guild; of course Anomen had to complain, now does this mean that the romance is no longer active because he objected to her "business venture" (as if he could complain, I am at least willing to put up with him! Only because I have no other options!!!)He said something like "if you want to be involved with thieves I will have nothing to do with it" He stayed in the party, but it seems like he has been unusually quiet since (sort of a good thing)Does anyone know the CLUAconsole code for reactivating the romance?

Old 01-30-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you have the Shadowkeeper, check the global variable "AnomenRomanceActive", if it is 1, that means it's ok and continues. If it is 2, well....you aren't that far in the game yet. If it is 3, then it is over between the two of you.
But I don't think the business decision will affect the romance. Still don't know why anyone would want to start a romance with him though.
Old 01-30-2001, 05:54 PM   #3
Jeanne

I just had to download me a new version of Shadowkeeper, and the romance is still active, thanks for the tip! Anomen would not have been my first choice for a romance (it is fun to watch Korgan and Edwin and Jan pick on him though!)Not to go off on a rant here; but I would choose any one of the other male characters over him yet for some reason female players were given no other choice (gee, lucky us!)

Old 01-30-2001, 06:03 PM   #4
turbovee
Elminster

You're not the only one. Several of the female players have voiced their absolute disgust for Anomen. In fact I don't think there has been a single female player that has liked Anomen. I wrote on another post, but I think there should be a torture Anomen quest where you should be able to string Anomen up by his toenails, or testicles which ever you prefer, and leave him hanging upside down and naked in the center of the govt. district so everyone can walk by and throw the object of choice at him.