Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-17-2002, 10:17 AM   #1
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isnt there any non-cheating way to keeo these items?? i killed Drizzt and his friends and took everything then once i got done killing bhodi i came out of the tomb and a mage or priest or whatever he was came and told me to give them back (forced me too). I can't fight this guy either cuz it all happens so fast, but does anyone know how i can keep those items without shadowkeeper's help?
Old 03-17-2002, 10:21 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Afraid not. It pays to have powerful friends (like Melchor Harpell).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #3
andy the assasin
Manshoon

you could stay in the tomb forever!!
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 10:30 AM   #4
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, what if i just used shadowkeeper and removed imoens belt from that $#@%?? adn take away his imprisonment spell?? you think the game would crash if i killed him? or any side effects?
Old 03-17-2002, 10:37 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think that will work, since the .cre editing available using Shadowkeeper is very basic anyway. You'd be better off using a hex editor if you want to edit Melchor Harpell that badly. You may also need to change some scripting. All this introduces a lot of variables into the game which could cause undesired side-effects, particularly if you don't really know what you're doing.

You *could* try to extract the weapons into your override using SK, opening them in IEEP and fixing them up (removing the effect) and then CLUA them into your inventory as your own personal weapons. Again, this can be tricky if you've never done it before.

It just seems like a lot of trouble for a few items. There are better weapons in the game, anyway. Good luck. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #6
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I couldn't help it, despite your advice i took away imoens belt and his imprisonment spell and he died pretty easily, and it seems to have worked, but i guess im gonna have to wait and see what kind of side effects this brings on. I needed those items bad tho so i hope it was worth it.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:54 PM   #7
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

k, in case anyone was wondering if the little sabotage thing i pulled on Malchor Harpell worked, it did, i still have all of Drizzt's and his firend's items =) lucky me. And in case any of you were wondering about the side effects, i went and i just finished BG2:SoA and the only thing that happend as a result of editing Harpell was that he was somehow ressurected,...about 5 times, he appears randomly when you enter knew areas but he was no real problem because i paused the game as soon as i seen him making his little gate thing and i ctrl Y'd him(autokill). so as long as you pause before he starts his dialog(becuz u lose the items no matter what if he talks to you)and kill him using the cheap, but effective ctrl Y attack the items are yours. So there it is, someone has probably already found this out already though....

I doubt it will have any effects on ToB, he hasnt appeared since i last killed him while arriving at the are where Irenicus's black dragon is in Suldenesselar.

[ 03-17-2002, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Siffuge ]
Old 03-18-2002, 05:54 AM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

I guess the only REAL effect is you've irrevocably rewritten an awful lot of R.A. Salvatore's work by killing off several of his characters permanently and nicking their stuff. Shame on you, man! These guys you killed are HEROES! You should hang your head, wail, tear at your hair and be forever labelled The Man Who Killed Drizzt Do'Urden!

Of course, if you couldn't care less, good for you.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:52 PM   #9
Siffuge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im not sure if thats such a bad title to have i kinda like it. People would fear me... althought they already do =)
Old 03-20-2002, 11:52 PM   #10
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

I find it a bit funny how you were able to kill him without some major editing to the games scripts since he is actually an invincible character. In other words he CANNOT be killed. You can try cheating with the instant kill or anything else but it doesn't work. The game was made so that particular character did not die under any means. How you achieved killing him is really odd.
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote