Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-09-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Hey there,

I am finally proceeding towards the end of SOA but some questions still remain. 1.) When I got out of the Underdark two new areas appeared on my world map (North Pass & Small Teeth Pass or something like that) My question is, do I get send to those places via a quest or are these extra areas which I could enter at any given time. I am currently slaying the beasties in Suldenesselar and I can't remember anyone mentioning these areas to me so far.

2.) Imoen seems to not be able to write Time Stop from a scroll. a bug? or is there a reason for it?

Thanx in advance,

Iluvatar
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
Sir Lalron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You can enter the small teeth pass and the forest anytime as i have tried it but as for the imoen thing, it may be a bug.
Sir Lalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:03 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

1. Actually, there's THREE new aereas that appeared. These arent for anything, they dont have any quests (except one minor in the Forest of Tethyr).
2. This is maybe because she cant learn spells at that high level? Because she is too low in level?

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:06 PM   #4
Sir Lalron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It could depend on her intelligence level, maybe she cant learn lvl 9 spells?
Sir Lalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:07 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

1. Those two are optional area's, not related to any quest. One of them only has some random monsters, Ankhegs and Orogs IIRC, but the other has a party of evil adventurers that's actually quite a fun battle.

2. She only has 17 INT, while you need 18 to learn 9th level spells. Just give her a Potion of Genius and she should be able to scribe it without problems.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 03:10 PM   #6
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Ok great, thanx for the answers guys. I had just figured the Imoen thingy out myself, but thanx anyway of course. It's cool by the way that those maps are not related to the mayor storyline. It brings back some of that old BG1 feeling where you could wander through the wilderness for weeks and weeks without paying any attention to that Iron crisis. That's one of the things I loved so much about that game.
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote