Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-01-2003, 10:14 AM   #81
MagiK

I agree with Epona, compulsory donations is not the way to go. Some one was argueing against Z setting up a formal subscription that we could all just do the donations on a regular basis.....well with a "formalized" subscription set up, I would be 100% likely to get my donations in on time...without it...I will probably forget since my life is just a tad hectic and will remain so for a while yet. I subscribe to magazines, to services and to a whole host of things so that I don't have to remember them....I would like to be able to do this with my donations to IW. I also really like the Idea of a running "money meter" to let us know how our IW account is doing so that everyone knows the score.

Edit: it might be time for IW to incorporate....with enough subscriptions we could pay for regular hardware upgrades, better bandwidth etc, etc.

[ 04-01-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 04-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #82
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, I just sent some funds. I can send that every other week if needed. Probably more. Please seriously consider my offer about sub-renting space. Whether you go with my offer or not, thank you for running such an awesome website. That's 1 of the reasons I would like to be affiliated with you. Take care and God bless.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #83
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

WOW! We just got a good size donation!! We only have $100 left to go!! WOW!!! We're going to make it guys!!!

PS: I'm still selling my stuff on Ebay (it's going to take a few weeks to get the price guides and stuff) but I'm selling lots of Startrek TNG/DS9/VOY figures -- some are autographed--7of9, Troi, Tuvok, and a bunch of others.. as well as some other stuff.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #84
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
WOW! We just got a good size donation!! We only have $100 left to go!! WOW!!! We're going to make it guys!!!

PS: I'm still selling my stuff on Ebay (it's going to take a few weeks to get the price guides and stuff) but I'm selling lots of Startrek TNG/DS9/VOY figures -- some are autographed--7of9, Troi, Tuvok, and a bunch of others.. as well as some other stuff.
Z have you got any transformers? I could give you the names of places where you could sell them for a fair price.

(Ebay being the obvious one)
Old 04-01-2003, 11:21 AM   #85
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Quote:

Z have you got any transformers? I could give you the names of places where you could sell them for a fair price.

(Ebay being the obvious one)
[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] . I'm keeping all my G1 Transformers for my heir [img]smile.gif[/img] . I know what those and my 1980's GI Joes are worth. I Still can't find the new commemorative Optimus Prime except at collector shops, and they want $50+ bucks for it.. pff.. can't afford anything anyway. I'd rather trade. found some nice stuff trading..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #86
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
I suggested this back in november: just not this clear

Ironworks membership $1.00 per month

or six month membership $5.00 (thats a free month every 6)

Visitors can look but not post free.

If only 500 people sent in $5.00 every
6 months thats $2,500.00 or 6 months of
Ironworks paid including $1,000.00 left
for Mr.TAX Man.
I,m sure that the kiddies could stick a
dollar bill in an envelope every now and
then to Buy a month worth of posts, heck
they spend more than that on a candy bar.

Ironworks is good clean fun for the old
and the young.
The Kiddies should get Mom and Dad to check
the site out and read the rules here to see
that this is worth the few Bucks every 6 months.

I hope this Idea Helps! It keeps the price down
and that should keep the membership up, with
11,000 members all we need is 5% of them to buy
the 6 month membership and Ziroc will be doing great
as far as the site anyway the car and house payment
may take a few more members.
There is a problem with this - and that is that there plenty of us who cannot afford $1 a month, or whos parents would not allow it.

I don't mind people knowing a few personal details about my life, so here goes. I lost my job back in December last year, and I'm having trouble finding a new one. I am not entitled to benefits or welfare of any kind. I have NO income. $1 is a lot to someone who scrabbles about down the back of their couch trying to find enough small change to go out and buy a carton of milk. At the moment the internet is my lifeline - I would quite simply go insane without it, since I can't afford to go anywhere or do anything. I am in debt up to my eyeballs, and quite frankly life is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. Even when I find work I will probably spend months paying off debts, because friends and family have been good enough to pay my mortgage to stop me becoming homeless.

The internet is pretty much the only thing I can do for free, talk to people, get stuff of my chest. A compulsory subscription would not be possible for me to pay. When you have $1 to spare it's easy to think that it's not much money - but I get excited if I find 5p on the pavement. So please please do not go down the road of compulsory subscriptions! We have members here with good jobs who can maybe afford to donate monthly, but it should be optional. When I get a job, I will donate, but I can't afford it right now

(Oh and by the way, in case anyone thinks I've lost the plot cos they remember me talking about buying clothes in Cloudy's Cafe, and thinking I can't be that strapped for cash - the clothes are a birthday prezzie from my mum )
[/QUOTE]It's ok Epona. They aren't saying to pay if you can't pay. Just saying that if you can pay, to please help out. We all go through different times in our life where we either have money or we don't have money. I've gone through a fair share of it myself. It wasn't until the last 3 years where my life started to change again. The job I got here in FL is a pretty decent one, but what really helped me out is that my grandmother left me her house in her will. It's amazing how much extra money you have when you don't have to pay rent. You shouldn't feel bad or ashamed (and I know you don't, but I am referring to anyone that might) that you don't have a great deal of money. As long as you have friends (here and in RL), that's all the payment you really need. It's good to know that you have people helping you out. During some rough spots, my family has helped me. To date, they are the only people that have helped me. So, I'm kind of envious you have friends doing what they are for you. I've had to go through a lot myself. Came close to being homeless a couple of times, but I always found a way out. Sometimes it meant not eating so I could pay the rent, other times, it meant not going/doing stuff so I wouldn't spend the money I needed. That's why I went hog wild on e-Bay a few years ago. I had lived with nothing for so long, it kinda felt good to be able to splurge. I'll admit that I got carried away with it. Still trying to find a level that is good, but I'm doing better. Anyways, keep your chin up. Things get better. I've seen that firsthand myself.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:37 AM   #87
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
I'm keeping all my G1 Transformers for my heir [img]smile.gif[/img] . I know what those and my 1980's GI Joes are worth. I Still can't find the new commemorative Optimus Prime except at collector shops, and they want $50+ bucks for it.. pff.. can't afford anything anyway. I'd rather trade. found some nice stuff trading..[/QB]
The best deal I can find for the commerative series Optimus Prime right now is $70 (buy and its yours) or the $55 one (which people are still bidding on).

This one right-

There's also a deal for the original Prime being solld for $44

And another deal where you could buy reissue Prime and Sideswipe for $75 but it was just brought

Ah well, the reissue Prime is hard to come across now adays, Sideswipes getting even rarer too but I have my Generation 2 Sideswipe. Unfortunately when I was child I destroyed all three of my Optimus Primes, he was too fragile
Old 04-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #88
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ziroc - I hope you aren't selling off you're sci-fi figures just to pay for Ironworks. You shouldn't need to do that. I'm sure we will have enough members "pitch in" to start handling the monthly costs.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:30 PM   #89
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Hey, I know you don't want to use special avatars for membership, but what about credit towards # of posts? Say I put in $5, maybe you could bump up my post count some. Not sure what would be fair, but it could help some of us that don't post a lot to get to the next levels sometime in our lifetime? LOL. Seriously though, it's just a thought.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 PM   #90
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

I'm glad to know that Ironworks may make it - I haven't been here for a while and I was shocked when I saw the first couple of pages of this post! But it seems like Ironworks may just make it...(no thanks to me...sorry). I love the new look, Z! Really great, looking good! It would be a shame to see this forum go after installing that...though I dunno whether that could be old...anyways, it feels good to be back! I love Ironworks, my first and favourite forum! I should be getting a part-time job soon, so I'll be able to help out..until then I'll pray for you and your household, Z! Good luck! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]