Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #41
Link
Jack Burton

Regulus Black, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. I think that's a good guess.

You guys might want to read the interview with Rowling on MuggleNet.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #42
philip
Galvatron

I'm just reading order of the pheonix again and in there it says Regulus Black died after joining the death eaters.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #43
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

If you read my previous post, gives more detail:

He was killed when he left the Death Eaters by Voldemort out of revenge. Not personaly I don't suppose. I thought he might have stolen it to try a show V that he was in fact a worthy wizard. I can see him being scorned by V and the Death Eaters. SB seems to have mad ehim out as not the best of wizards IIRC, or not having a strong character.

OH, I was being stupid about the DADA teacher, I thought it was Slughorn for a moment, but of course it was Snape.

Also about the Wormtail/DD thing, I was assuning that polyjuice was used, in which case we would never know at what periods who was who.

[ 07-26-2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Aragorn1 ]
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:37 PM   #44
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Good stuff, and It was really out of character for DD to take him after that Artifact in the cave.. it just sounded... strange.

Now, I do think it was DD that walked Harry through the Pensive. But other than that....

I think DD needed the Death Eaters (really lame name btw) to think DD was dead, so he could do something..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #45
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*in reply to Z's comments on polyjuiced DD*

If it wasn't DD then Malfoy wouldn't have done his mission for Voldemort (which I assume was kill DD), and Snape's bond thing with Malfoy's mum would have been broken, so he'd die.

I honestly think it's DD dead, didn't want him to die but I think he's gone.

As for Wormtail being DD in disguise, he had a bad hand because of the ritual that Voldemort did to make himself stronger, and the silver glove was a repayment to him for giving Voldemort his flesh (Flesh from a servant I think).

Wormtail still has the "unspoken bond" with Harry when Harry decided not to let Sirius and Lupin kill him in Book 3. Unless I've missed something that would act as the repayment to Harry, I think this'll have a big part in Book 7.

Wormtail always liked the stronger people, perhaps if Wormtail sees Harry has a chance to beat Voldemort then he'll convert.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:38 PM   #46
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I also really doubt the polyjuice theory. It wouldn't be out of character for DD to fulfill his promise to Harry (letting him go). Besides, everyone always says that Hogwarts is the safest place around, because of DD, so if Harry's around him, it helps.

It really does strike me as being DD himself. I guess we'll just have to wait. to know for sure!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #47
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

OK, I just finished the book....and one thing I noticed during the funeral was it said Hagrid was walking with what HARRY KNEW to be Dumbledore's body...
Next paragraph...They could not clearly see what was happening at the front. Hagrid SEEMED to have placed the body carefully upon the table...
Now is it just me or does that sound fishy?
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I don't think it possible for his portrait to show up in his office along with the others if he had not really died. But we never see his face, since it says that he was asleep at the desk...so...</font>
Old 07-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #49
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Yeah, it's just a wild theory I had. Something that caught my eye is all. I mean why put that Hagrid seemed to place the body safely on the table? Why not just he placed Dumbledore's body on the table? I guess I'm just in denial. Maybe he made a Horcrux too?! Nah, that's too easy.
How long before the next book comes out??
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #50
Tancred2001
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Doubt about Dumbledore making a Horcrux. One, that involves killing someone to do so, and no-one shown up dead - second, it's dark magic and Dumbledore doesn't seem the type.
Tancred2001 is offline   Reply With Quote