Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Amazing, and it sure does look true. Some of it is just fact. I can't believe scientists don't agree with this.

http://www.nealadams.com/nmu.html

What I find fascinating is how do you get something from nothing? I mean, where does all the mass come from? This would mean that in the center of all planets, moons etc is some type of energy source, maybe even fusion based like out sun. self sustaining, and self creating. Amazing if its true.

Neal Adams also does Batman animated shows... weird professions together. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-17-2006, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:48 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Wow! There is so much of it it's hard to think it could be a coincidence. If this is true, that guy is a genius.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I had my jaw dropping just watching it. wow.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
...how do you get something from nothing? I mean, where does all the mass come from?...
Try reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. It kind explains how it could have happened [img]tongue.gif[/img]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My geology teacher will get a kick outta this. I'll e-mail her the link today. Yes, I happen to be taking Geology this semester, and the tectonic plate theory was on the last exam.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #6
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes, an interesting theory. Only it needs a rather massive change in the laws of physics.

Quote:
I mean, where does all the mass come from? This would mean that in the center of all planets, moons etc is some type of energy source, maybe even fusion based like out sun.
Can't be fusion. I've never really studied it at school, but from what I know, if you bump hydrogen around until a kilogram of it has turned into energy you can make exactly one kilogram of rock from that energy. My guess is that a wizard did it. Or maybe earth is a little space turtle egg.

And he describes the birth of Himalayas in a somewhat strange fashion. "How can an island uproot itself from the ocean floor, seemingly float across the ocean and crash into Asia so forcefully that it created mountain ranges over millenia and continues to build these mountains today?" My geology is a bit rusty, but I was under the impression that India, on its own tectonic plate, started drifting into another direction from Africa and happened to move to the same location with Asia. One of them is slowly sinking under the other. And it took way more than a thousand years for it to happen.

I once read of a guy who thought that if you buy a magnetic ring from him, you will be immortal. I might try to find him.

edit: typo

Also, I found the person this reminded me of! Alex Chiu, the seller of magnetic immortality rings!

[ 03-17-2006, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Iron Greasel ]
Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I would like to second Iron Greasel's comment. The fusion in the sun, or any other star, doesn't create any mass. Heavier elements are created, certainly, but the lighter elements are used up. Two Hydrogen atoms and two neutrons create one Helium atom. Nothing is created...

Perhaps instead of mass being created, the existing mass is simply spreading out. I.e, the earth is becoming less dense.

I haven't gotten around to watching the clips yet, but I'm skeptical. I tend to regard rantings that look like a weblog as somewhat suspicious. Especially when they are poorly spelled.

But hey! Scientists have certainly been wrong before. The Tectonic plate theory was only widely accepted in the 1970s, despite it being around for decades before, with scientists stubbornly resisting. In nineteen eighty something a leading textbook (I forget the name) was still published with the theory that the earth's crust was all one piece.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Callum, don't read the text, watch the videos, the narrator explain way better.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

that's pretty darn amazing. I was in awe for the most part. Hah, this is really cool. I wonder if it is true though, that'd be pretty neat.

And yeah,

Quote:
If this is true, that guy is a genius.
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Woah. I can't wait to use this against my history teacher who was just ranting for the last few days about the tectonic plate theory. Nice find, dude.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote