Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-05-2004, 10:21 AM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Thanks Ziroc for talking about opening a new forum for the game Sacred and Thank you Ladyzekke for the link to the 235MB Free Demo. I tried the new game Sacred. This is one really cool game. So far I'm up to level 3 in just about 45 minutes and have completed 2 of the more than 300 quests in the game.
Of corse There are only a few quests in the demo but it has me hooked.

The game has taken and combined the best parts of Diablo II, Arcanum as well as an upscale version of Divine Divinity With some really good 3D graphics and put them all together for some good plain fun and quaility game play.

I was really impressed with this game Demo and I'll be looking forward to the on line game play as well. I also like that you can have as many a 4 other characters join your adventure in the single player game. I can hardly wait for this one to get to my area stores. I give it 4& 1/2 stars out of 5 possable in the RPG PC game world and that was just the demo.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Huh? I can't find it on the list...where exactly is it? Cheers!

EDIT: *Sob* NOOOOOOO!! My Emerald Dragon! [img]tongue.gif[/img] On the other hand...w00tage! 1000 posts!

[ 04-05-2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 04-05-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Check Electronics Boutique (or whatever it may have become) in your local malls, that's your best bet at trying to find Sacred right now, as I have not seen it in Best Buy or CompUSA yet. I bought it about a week ago, and got it successfully installed last night and played a little bit before dinner, up to level 4 atm. Is really a cool game so far, extremely fun. I picked the Seraphim character which looks really cool with the wing armor. The fun part about it is, as in Diablo, you can play the game several times over with the different characters, and you can multiplay as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 04-05-2004, 11:31 AM   #4
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the forum was already open. Sorry! Sacred is available online at Gameplay for British members. I'm pretty sure Amazon would have it too.

[ 04-05-2004, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 04-05-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So where can i download the demo? I dont want to be member of anything to download a darn demo.

Oh okay i find it here: http://files.worthplaying.com/files/...&orderby=dateD

[ 04-05-2004, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 04-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

I'm all for a Sacred-board! I think the game is awesome. It's several levels above Divine Divinity. Is anyone else playing it? I'm currenlty in chapter 3 with my vampiress. The only problem is I know encountered a broken quest. I have 4 women following my heals. According to the man who gave me the quest the women are dead. So what the dang do I have behind me!! Aaargh, now I have to find someone/something to gently put them to sleep.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Level 42 sp dual-wielding Gladiator here

There are a few bugs/broken sub-quests, but if you like hack'n'slash and tinkering with your setup, this could be the game for you.

Mind you, I'm not sure if it merits a separate forum to itself though. Perhaps it could be rolled up into an action RPG section which would cover such games as Diablo, Divine Divinity, Sacred etc?

[ 04-05-2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 04-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sounds like a Diablo clone.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:13 PM   #9
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

After reading your comments here I headed downstairs to electronic boutique. I checked it out that the packaging doesn't look to fancy and the write-up and the graphics(on the box) aren't too impressive.

I couldn't download the demo so does anyone else want to comment on scared?(Good, Bad, Ugly?). I like to know more if I'm going to shell out $50 for the game

Kz
Old 04-05-2004, 08:31 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

To play the game you have to at least have Windows 98SE or above, otherwise it won't even install.

Also, there is a bug where it puts a file in the windows directory that should go into the game directory. Once that is done no problems at all (not sure if this bug will effect everyone or not, but if you can't run the game and you get kicked off to desktop a lot, that is the problem). All I know is a friend of mine read how to fix that on a forum re Sacred, I do not know which forum though.

I really am having fun with the game myself, I think it is a good game, will become popular, if word gets out that is.

Kzonon, if you are looking for like the best-of-the-best kind of graphics kind of game, if eye candy is a precedent to you, then yeah you may not be impressed, although I really think a lot of the spells look pretty cool myself. But I just have played to many other RPGs lately, it is really nice to just have a simple hack and slash kind of game to play, "fun" is how I would describe the game.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

I say Good [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps