Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Light Bulb

I'm sure most of you saw my thread that announced AFI was coming to SD, well heres what happened at that concert last night:

We arrive at Soma to see that the line to get in wraps all the way around this huge building. Fortunatley, we located some friends that were at the front, and b4 you know it, we were inside
The venue Soma is just one big room that holds 1,500 people. So, since the concert was sold out, it was like a pack of human sardines, and boiling hot. There were 2 cover bands b4 AFI came on. Not only did they start 45 minutes late, but the 1st band was...not good, to say the least. The 2nd band though, the Explosions, were really good. But, after they finished it was another standing around for 45 minutes while AFI got their stuff set up.
Here's a bad thing about packed stand-up venues: someone falls over, everyone else falls over. A few people decide to rush the stage, and they're behind you, well, you're rushing the stage too [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Course, by the time AFI came on, I was already covered in sweat from head to toe, accumulated a few bruises on the shins and ankles from being stepped on, and i had lost my precious packet of gum. Anyway, AFI comes on. Everyone rushes forward, and I'm literally stuck between the peron in front of me and behind me. Davey Havok walks out(lead singer), and the 1st image that pops into my head is that he lokos like Marlyin Manson; Long black hair, ass tight white leather pants, see through white shirt, pierced everywhere, and lots of black make-up. However, despite his looks, he sang great, and it was just like listening to the CDs, except for the addition of the screaming fans.
Well, he only sang 2 songs i didn't know. I used my lighter for 3 of them . At some point I shoved and elbowed my way up to the front and found my friends right as Davey launched himself into the crowd. I was so close to touching him, but alas, that privledge [img]tongue.gif[/img]

All in all, it was an awesome concert, on of the best I've been to, and I'm happy to have shared the experience w/ you all
Old 04-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Cool, sounded good LB! I'm off to see LTJ soon so haha! Unless you are too and in that case then we're even - lol. I've been to some really rough concerts, capdown was rough cause it was justmental, but madness was the roughest cause everyone there was 40 years old and weighed about 18stone.. It was very rough.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 05:55 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Heh, sounds like you had a great time Miss Blue, good to hear it [img]graemlins/rocking2.gif[/img] The only bands that have concerts in this area are in Indianapolis about 50 miles from here, not too bad I guess. Hope you had fun in the mosh pits
Old 04-24-2003, 07:26 PM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I still say you could have smuggled me in LB [img]tongue.gif[/img]