Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 03:58 PM   #21
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I believe there was also a similiar meeting in front of the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin today. I know that the American ambassador, the Federal Chancellor and the Federal President were there, as well as tens of thousands of people. I wish I could have been there. You might also read the thread posted by Moiraine "Today, at midday GMT". All of Europe supports you, Americans.

Thanks, dear. I haven't seen any news since the little bit this morning... The support from all nations is welcomed and appreciated.

Old 09-14-2001, 04:03 PM   #22
t1d
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just like to say that my neighbor a beautiful single mother of 2 children
was an airline attendant on one of the hijacked planes. It is still hard to
look at her home and think that she is gone forever from her childrens lives.
I wish i could offer some magic words to comfort her daughter and son but also
losing 2 sisters some years ago i know there is nothing anyone can say or do that will ease the pain of their loss, only time will some what numb their pain
and loss. I'm sorry for rambling and losing my point to thank the British people
and other allies for their heart felt condolences and prayers I know that we as human beings belong to one race the Human race and I don't know how many more people must die before we realize that each time we take another human life we kill a little piece of ourselves. I just hope in my life time I can see this crazziness end and all learn to love our fellow man and not hate because they may look a little different or worship a little different or speak a different language.
Old 09-14-2001, 04:06 PM   #23
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by t1d:
losing 2 sisters some years ago i know there is nothing anyone can say or do that will ease the pain of their loss, only time will some what numb their pain
and loss. I'm sorry for rambling and losing my point to thank the British people
and other allies for their heart felt condolences and prayers I know that we as human beings belong to one race the Human race and I don't know how many more people must die before we realize that each time we take another human life we kill a little piece of ourselves. I just hope in my life time I can see this crazziness end and all learn to love our fellow man and not hate because they may look a little different or worship a little different or speak a different language.

I cannot say how sorry I am to hear this...I am crying as I read your post and cannot understand how things could get out of hand like this
I wish these children will be able to overcome this immense trauma at some stage of their lives and that they can find the strenght to live through this...I will pray for them and keep them in my thoughts!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-14-2001, 04:09 PM   #24
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Hear, hear! That is one of the best posts I have read! Thank you for posting that. It is very sad... the poor children...

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 04:20 PM   #25
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
This reveals in a very tangible way just how far reaching this disaster is. Not only were lives ended on that tragic day, but also lives were irrevocably damaged by the loss of parents, spouses and children. I am at a loss for words to express my grief over this matter. My heart goes out to those children.

The message of love for one's fellow human being is a lesson that must be learned. I sincerely hope that it is learned sooner rather then later.

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 05:01 PM   #26
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Like everyone else in the US it is touching to see that the world is with us in this moment of tragedy. It's been said before to our allies oversees, but thank you.
Old 09-14-2001, 05:08 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
You have my heartfelt sympathy and my prayers go out for her family. So very many of us have been touched by this horrible act.

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."