Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-21-2001, 12:52 AM   #1
Maddog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Still having slowdown issues with my 633 pentium w64 meg ram even after full install and reduction of graphics/gameplay options. Will the update help speed thing up at all?

Anything else I can try?

BTW, running Windows Me, no plan in near future to upgrade. Does this screw me our what?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2001, 01:16 AM   #2
The Black Panda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yea i know exactly what you mean

i'm running a 1.5 ghz, geforce2 ultra 64mb, and a 60gb 7200rpm hd. Clearly i destroy the recommended specifications the game requires. But i still get slowdowns! Something wrong? I have everything set to "maximum" in the config and it lags, so i changed the pathfinder nodes from 400,000 to 100,000. Still nothing. The gameplay is ok, but i'm just annoyed that it's not super-smooth. I have ME here too. Bill Gates can take it in the rear!
Old 07-21-2001, 01:22 AM   #3
THE MASEMASTER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

all the time I had windows ME loaded Baldurs 1,2,ect. was jittery & would slow down at that point save the game then reload again .I finally got tired of it
and removed windows ME and reloaded windows 98 second edition it also fixed the
glitches on several other games I have loaded on my computer.I've heard that
Windows ME is not game friendly it more for business computers.

------------------
IS IT FRIDAY YET !!
Old 07-21-2001, 06:30 AM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

If you have Windows ME it is no mystery it lags. That shit totally sux up RAM. Buy more RAM (can never get enough of that) and install win 95.
There you, an almost lag-free computer
Old 07-21-2001, 09:55 AM   #5
Seid
Manshoon

I tried to play on Windows Me. It sucks! The gameplay is so choppy!
Now I'm playing on Windows 2k. It's much better, but with maximum settings I still get slowdowns sometimes. Very rare. It depends on the environment in the game (If there are a lot of tall walls, trees ...).

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.